Rock Your Ride 107.7

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ncstmpr, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncstmpr macrumors member

My brother made it to the final three of this contest. If you don't mind take a few seconds and vote for picture #1 You don't have to register to vote or anything like that. It just take 5 seconds to do. THANKS!!!!

here is the link:
    http://www.1077thefox.com/pages/rockyourride.html

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

There is simply no way that, in good conscience, I could take any action that may extend the life of a Yugo.

3. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I voted for the second one because that car actually has potential.

4. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

I agree. The other cars even look more deserving. Also, I would be hesitant to vote for someone who only has one post here and that post is asking us to help 'pimp' his brother's ride.

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

Well that sure backfired! I voted for #3, since I think it has both (a) potential, and (b) need. The Yugo just got in there on a sympathy vote, and the #2 card looks to be in reasonable shape already.

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Whatev, I want to see them put a 42" lcd in the yugo. And PS2s and a fish tank. werd.

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

Actually, I've seen "Pimp My Ride" or whatever it's called about 3 times. Once, this kid had some beat-up Yugo-ish car and the guys at the garage decided it wasn't worth saving and pimped him a new Scion.

8. DMPDX macrumors 6502

Thats the almost complete opposite of what the contest is for. It is for a sh*tty car to get fixed up and get a phat system.

9. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

That would be great if they were actually planning on fixing up the car. They're going to put in a system and slap some paint on it. Fat lot of good that does when the things breaks down.

10. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Actually this contest is pretty much all about asthetics and in my opinion, with a nice paintjob, new rims and some other features that could be a nice car.

11. ncstmpr thread starter macrumors member

I can't believe asking for help (votes) caused people to vote for the others and make such rude comments. I am so sorry to be a member of this forum, I guess I will stick to the other boards that I visit and stay away from here. I am new to the mac world so that is why I haven't contributed any posts but nevermind that I won't even bother. Can't believe this site was recommended to me.

12. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Two things, here:

1) That was your only post here when you posted it. It basically looked like you went to a bunch of forums to ask for votes for this thing. You have/had no commitment to this forum, and have/had contributed nothing.

2) Since you hadn't contributed anything to this forum, people would be very unlikely to vote for you simply because you asked them to. Instead, they voted for the cars they wanted to. Nothing particularly difficult to understand there.

If you had made any other contributions to this forum prior to your post asking for votes in this contest, I bet you would have gotten a much more positive response. I mean, that was your absolute first post here ever. Doesn't look good, and certainly doesn't look like someone deserving our votes just because you asked for them. :rolleyes:

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well, I voted for your "brother's" car just to be nice. :)

14. ncstmpr thread starter macrumors member

Baby duck you are wading way to deep into all of this. If you look at the date I joined I obivously did not join to just get votes for a crazy contest. The other forums I belong to more then happily voted for my brother's car and if they didn't they sure didn't post about voting for the other cars. I am very new to the mac world and have been learning allot from this forum by just visiting. I don't think we all just jump in posting when we don't know anything about the subjects.

For everyone's sake would a moderator please close this thread. And forr those that did vote thanks for taking the five seconds to do it. ;)

Paula

15. DMPDX macrumors 6502

Yeah, so if it is about improving the asthetics of an old beater, the worst car deserves it. Not the one that already looks driveable.

p.s. I illuminati

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.