Rockman ZX for the DS; I officially want this game.

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Mar 6, 2006.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I've been following the progress of Rockman ZX for a while. For those who haven't, it's the first real DS MegaMan platformer (MegaMan Battle Network DS doesn't count, that was a GBA port, and it was an RPG, not a platformer). It appears to be a sequel to the MegaMan Zero series.

For plot information and screenshots and magazine scans and artwork, check these links.

First scans, translated plot

More scans

The art style is definitely based on the Zero series. It seems to take place much later in the future. Read the story translated in the links for more info. These two humans find some kind of 'live metals' that let them take the form of certain reploids from the past. including MegaMan X and Zero (finally, X and Zero together in a handheld game).

We've just had a new trailer released.
    http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=132
    It shows brief snippets of game footage, then quickly shows flashes of four other forms we haven't seen before.

Apparently, Harpuia, Fefnir, Leviathan, and Phantom are playable forms as well.

Anyone who has played the Zero series will know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyone who hasn't will scratch their heads.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this game. It looks like it combines the best part of the the X and Zero games. I wonder if you'll be able to steal boss powers...one of the stages looks like the first stage from the original MegaMan X.

Now I just have to decide if I'm going to import or wait for a US release...

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This may be the first Megaman game I play... are they *that* good? I know America went crazy over the Megaman Collection on PS2/Gamecube (forgot). we don't get much over here. not much attention at all :(

3. iBunny macrumors 65816

Mega Man is the best series of video game, of all time. Even better than Final Fantasy.

However Final Fantasy 7 is the best game ever, just next to Mega Man 2 :D

4. steelfist macrumors 6502a

NICE i am a great megaman and sonic fan! i'm looking forward to buying this too!:D

5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

megaman 2 and 3

Megaman X

only good megamans

I mean cmon, they ran out of good names after 3.

Top Man?

yeah hes mean, lol.

Then in MegaMan X they decided well i guess we really have run out of ...Man names.

Rockman, ROX (in capcom vs marvel 2)

6. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Have you played the MegaMan Zero games for the GBA? The early MegaMan X and the MegaMan Zero games are the best in the series IMHO.

7. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I never bought a GB after I stopped using my original GB, the one with 4 AAs.

but Ill take your word for it cuz:

the GBA games of late pick up where the SNES left off.

but alas, since Square went queer (read: to Sony only) there hasnt been anything comparable to Chrono Trigger / Secret of Mana (read: NON FF games, FF is a special type) for Nintendo in like FOREVER.

I dont care about 3D graphics, I want another Chrono Trigger dammit.

I play Secret of Mana 2 (english translation ROM), at least once a year.

8. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Looks neat, but I can't wait for megaman powered up for psp. It's a remake of megaman 1 with new graphics. Plus, they added 2 new bosses, all the bosses are playable and there is a level editor, so you can design your own megaman levels. Along with being able to make your own levels, you can use the built in internet capability and upload and share your level creations with people all over the world. I can't wait untill next tuesday when it comes out.

http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/770/770345/vids_1.html

9. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

sounds like making a map without a stylus (like the DS) or a mouse, like a computer, would be a bigger hassle than its worth.