Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darjeeling

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Who's playing Rocksmith via Boot Camp?

#1: I've read it's a decent way to learn guitar: true or false? (I know what a chord is and can even play a few but need some reinforcement beyond a book)

#2: How much storage to allocate to a Boot Camp partition containing Rocksmith + DLC?

#3: Am I likely to experience technical or performance issues on an MBA 2011 or 2012?

Thanks!

stillill

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2008
Am playing it (sort of) via Bootcamp

It's a decent way to keep you *interested* in playing the guitar, but it's not teaching you much music theory or even basic rhythm. If you're starting out, I'd recommend learning guitar the traditional way at the same time as playing rocksmith - it definitely keeps you interested, and your technique will improve.

I am using a 2008 iMac 27" with 4GB ram etc. and it suffers from a bit of latency at the moment which I'm trying to sort/fiddle with config, but haven't cracked it yet. I can't tell if it's because of Bootcamp, an 'older' iMac (the titanium one), or my audio settings, but it is noticeable to me (I can already play at a decent amateur level). Playing bass is especially bad for me. There is info on ubisoft and other forums that might be helpful.

Can't remember how much space it takes. I gave myself 45gb Win 7 partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.