Roger Wilco

Discussion in 'Games' started by crossed-over, Feb 21, 2003.

1. crossed-over macrumors member

Does anyone know of any apps like Roger Wilco that you can use to talk with your buddies online while gaming? I have tried Roger Wilco in its beta stage, but it did not seem to work too well. I was told it was very choppy on my buddies' end. Anyone know why this could be? I just bought a brand new microphone headset for OSX, so I am not so sure if it is the headset.

If anyone could offer some help or suggest another app of this sort, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Adam

2. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

Yeah, I wouldn't suggest using RW since it's in it's beta phase, and it only runs in 9. What I WOULD suggest is Haxial's NetPhone. It is quite customizable (Rate, Latency, Silence Sensitivity, Address Book, and Text Chat to name a few). As far as performance, I'm running on a DSL connection and I can connect to 7 people as well as play RTCW online at the same time without it being choppy, or hard to hear. The link for Haxial's free download demo is:

Haxial NetPhone

Hope this helps:D

P.S. It runs in both OS 9 and OS X

3. crossed-over thread starter macrumors member

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

teamspeak will be out for mac os x soon. teamspeak is pretty much the standard in the pc world.

iJon