Rogue PowerPC Apps...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by UberMac, Dec 31, 2006.

1. UberMac macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2005
    So, I'm bored and in one of those "sort everything out" moods. I've been going through all of my applications and updating them all/finding others so that all of my apps are now universal.

However...whenever my computer is on there are these three apps in activity monitor which are PowerPC, and I have no idea what they are, or how I can get rid of them.

They're not in my startup items, and even having run no apps, these processes will be running when my iMac first boots. Any ideas where these might have originated? And how I might go about ridding my iMac of them?

Tips greatly appreciated!

Uber x

Attached Files:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    They're OpenBase objects related to WebObjects... Apparently a few applications trigger them to start up to facilitate their back-end services. StickyBrains is apparently one of them.

See this:

And keyword search for one of the process names, and you'll see more details.

So in other words, they're running either because you set up WebObjects yourself with XCode or because you're using an app of some sort that takes advantage of this system.
  3. UberMac thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2005
    *Tips imaginary hat*

Thanks, thats got it all cleared up - I feel so calm. It's like universal heaven here!