Roland PCR-30 MIDI keyboard in Mac OS X won't work!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nukiduz, Nov 3, 2006.

1. nukiduz macrumors 6502

nukiduz

Hi there. I own a Roland PCR-30 MIDI keyboard and it's driving me nuts as i can't make it work through Tiger. After I install the driver and reboot, there's an error message that tells me that there's a file that hasn't been installed properly (System/Library/RUSB0033.thx or something like that). Also, i can't see any device in Audio MIDI Setup.
    The driver included in the driver CD says that it runs through OMS or Feemidi but i can't run this programs through Tiger cause they're for OS 9. However, I heard that you don't need this as you have Audio MIDI Setup.
    I've tried to reinstall the driver a lot of times but there's no change. There's nothing at roland.com that could help me. Please, i'm desperate. Could any of you help me? Thanks a lot.

2. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Is the driver you've installed the most recent one?

See if it's the same as the one on this page: http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/dld.cfm?ln=en&dsp=0&iCncd=501

As I think you've gathered, you don't even want to get involved with OMS or Freemidi. Those things never worked properly under OS 9 anyway :rolleyes:

3. nukiduz thread starter macrumors 6502

nukiduz

thanks but that's the driver for the PCR-A30 and mine is PCR-30, so it doesn't work. is there any other who has this problem with roland midi keyboards?

4. Porco macrumors 68020

Porco