Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superx520

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
7+ black 128gb AT&T (Apple.con)
Confirmation email xx:41

Anyone know what confirmation email time shipments are up to on this configuration?

OGD114

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
7+ black 128gb AT&T (Apple.con)
Confirmation email xx:41

Anyone know what confirmation email time shipments are up to on this configuration?

For what it's worth, I ordered a 7+ 128gb Verizon at 3:32am 9/9 and received my shipping notification Saturday morning. My card was previously charged on Saturday 9/17.

itsmefudge

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Middle of the Pacific
were u part of the Incheon crew?
Yup. The #801crew and then the weather delay in Korea.
[doublepost=1474785595][/doublepost]
For what it's worth, I ordered a 7+ 128gb Verizon at 3:32am 9/9 and received my shipping notification Saturday morning. My card was previously charged on Saturday 9/17.
Order confirmation 9:18 (128 Black att) shipment notification 9/19.

tinanguyen2016

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2016
I ordered my iPhone 7 plus rose gold,128gb, Tmobile from the Apple Store on September 9 and the estimated delivery date is October 4-10. Still processing. Do you think I will be charged next week?

Jbinlv

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ordered 2 phones on roll out day. Had one phone delivered Tuesday, with no problems. After the weather delay in Korea, (did anyone else check the weather in Korea?) my phone makes it to Las Vegas, on the truck for Saturday delivery, I waited all day with the front door open so I wouldn't miss the delivery (waisted the day) only to find the delivery had been rescheduled, but it doesn't say when. Now it says delivery hold requested by sender or receiver. Well I didn't request it to be held or rescheduled, why would Apple request it? I'm guessing something is going on at UPS. Not good UPS, not good at all.

Jml6278

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2016
New York City
This is what my tracking shows now. Smh

Oh, The dreaded "fake" severe weather update from UPS. I got one of those a couple of days before my delivery when my phone was in China, but UPS said it was in Korea and delayed by severe weather. Well it ended up never really being in Korea, and the severe weather was bs because their wasn't any severe weather in Korea or China. It's UPS buying time.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Yup. The #801crew and then the weather delay in Korea.
[doublepost=1474785595][/doublepost]
Order confirmation 9:18 (128 Black att) shipment notification 9/19.
Call again... ask for compensation for all the inconveniences

Jml6278

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2016
New York City
Got very quiet on this thread which hopefully means most of us got our iPhones. I wonder how many iPhones actually went out yesterday. Sounds like a few didn't get theirs for various reasons. I'm hoping you get Monday and Apple compensates you for the inconvenience. If they don't want to I would talk about your trust being eroded in their company and that you are seriously considering returning the phone just in principle since Apple doesn't seem to care that this was a very stressful situation made worse by UPS and Apple.

Reactions: CjonesHouston

CJRhoades

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
Lafayette, IN
I just got off the phone with Apple support. Also no luck with compensation, even after explaining that I took a day off work to wait because another agent had assured me my phone would be delivered on Friday. She kept saying that their hands were tied and they were waiting on UPS to update their tracking system. She told me there were severe weather delays and then got very short with me when I told her that wasn't the case. Then she hung up on me.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
I just got off the phone with Apple support. Also no luck with compensation, even after explaining that I took a day off work to wait because another agent had assured me my phone would be delivered on Friday. She kept saying that their hands were tied and they were waiting on UPS to update their tracking system. She told me there were severe weather delays and then got very short with me when I told her that wasn't the case. Then she hung up on me.
Did you get her name? Call and file a case

bsmith4832

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
North East, USA
So yesterday my phone was rushed all the way to my state (PA) and left a UPS hub (one hour away from me) with a Departure Scan at 7:44am and hasn't been updated since. Did this happen to anyone else?

I'm going to just assume they brought it to a hub closer to my city and sat it there till tomorrow. But I find it odd that it didn't at least receive an arrival scan somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 111

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
So yesterday my phone was rushed all the way to my state (PA) and left a UPS hub (one hour away from me) with a Departure Scan at 7:44am and hasn't been updated since. Did this happen to anyone else?

I'm going to just assume they brought it to a hub closer to my city and sat it there till tomorrow. But I find it odd that it didn't at least receive an arrival scan somewhere.

I've seen where if it was moved by truck, the truck will just sit there at the destination, unloaded, until Monday when they scan the boxes in.

Reactions: bsmith4832

bsmith4832

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
North East, USA
I've seen where if it was moved by truck, the truck will just sit there at the destination, unloaded, until Monday when they scan the boxes in.

Good to know, that would make sense because for some unknown reason, I don't believe they were doing Saturday shipments around my area. Ugh... one more day. Lol

ATEspo

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I STILL can't believe I haven't seen an updated shipping date yet. This is crazy. So many people I personally know either had them delivered already or just walked into stores and got their phones, granted they didn't want 256gb and didn't care about color...

Maybe because I used AT&T next instead of apples upgrade program I'm still stuck in processing and scheduled 10/4-10/10 still...

Richierichhh

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2015
I STILL can't believe I haven't seen an updated shipping date yet. This is crazy. So many people I personally know either had them delivered already or just walked into stores and got their phones, granted they didn't want 256gb and didn't care about color...

Maybe because I used AT&T next instead of apples upgrade program I'm still stuck in processing and scheduled 10/4-10/10 still...

I used apple's upgrade program and I'm still stuck in processing. I think Apple didn't realize (sarcasm) this many people would have bought phones. I think our phones will ship from here and not from china like everyone else's has been. They should send a huge order of phones all at once.

3:41am 9/9 At&T (Apple upgrade program)
128gb black 7+
Still in processing hell
[doublepost=1474811351][/doublepost]I also called Apple yesterday and asked if my shipping information has changed... they shared it was still the same... my 2-3 weeks ends on Friday sept 30th. I was told if I don't see anything by Friday, to give back a call to find out what's going on.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Good to know, that would make sense because for some unknown reason, I don't believe they were doing Saturday shipments around my area. Ugh... one more day. Lol

Yeah, I had enough of this nonsense (my original 9/23 ship date order got auto-cancelled for some unknown reason), so I just did the reserve thing and lucked into one last week. Otherwise, I would have been middle/late October.

Reactions: Miles64

numpsy

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
The sheer amount of coordination to deliver all these phones on Saturday as a "last minute" compensation to us was great. I am not surprised at all that some people got boned out of a Saturday delivery. It's to be expected for something on this scale. I'm sorry you didn't get your phone to anyone who didn't receive theirs today. I was always going to be more excited to receive my new toy than I am after a few hours with it. I think I was much more anticipatory of it since I had been without an iPhone for the first time in I don't remember how long, after swimming with my old 6+ in August. I don't want a darn thing from apple as compensation. Some might deserve compensation but most do not. so I am not surprised they stopped hemorrhaging free cases.

Joker45

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2016
Central Valley, California
Oh, The dreaded "fake" severe weather update from UPS. I got one of those a couple of days before my delivery when my phone was in China, but UPS said it was in Korea and delayed by severe weather. Well it ended up never really being in Korea, and the severe weather was bs because their wasn't any severe weather in Korea or China. It's UPS buying time.

Oh it's worse than that. Yesterday it was in my city with a destination scan. So I don't know what's going on.

yankeebobo

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2014
Somewhere in my head
The sheer amount of coordination to deliver all these phones on Saturday as a "last minute" compensation to us was great. I am not surprised at all that some people got boned out of a Saturday delivery. It's to be expected for something on this scale. I'm sorry you didn't get your phone to anyone who didn't receive theirs today. I was always going to be more excited to receive my new toy than I am after a few hours with it. I think I was much more anticipatory of it since I had been without an iPhone for the first time in I don't remember how long, after swimming with my old 6+ in August. I don't want a darn thing from apple as compensation. Some might deserve compensation but most do not. so I am not surprised they stopped hemorrhaging free cases.
I never even reached out to chat to either. I didn't expect a thing for free or as compensation. I actually don't feel that a dock or something is owed. Being late by a day or two, I feel they were generous in offering the case. Yes, it's cheap but...

In fact, if I had to wait until October that wouldn't have been a problem per se. My aggravation was watching it bounce around Asia for 5 days. Bringing it stateside at least made me feel that it was truly in more control.

That being said, I am glad they coordinated Saturday delivery. Swapping two phones, watches, and their backups was much more pleasurable knowing I had as much time as I needed without rushing in a work evening.

Best of luck to all those in wait. I hope you all get it quickly and without drama. It is worth the wait.

Reactions: Miles64 and Erika76

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
I'm pretty bummed. I was excited when I received the email that the phone was out for delivery yesterday. I had the phone shipped to my work address however, so I drove to work to attach the pre-signed notice to attach to the front door for UPS. I expected to receive a delivery confirmation by email throughout the day so that I could pick it up at work.

I basically planned my whole day around receiving the phone yesterday per their email and just stayed around that area of the town. I called UPS and Apple and asked when it would be delivered. They assured me it would deliver by 7pm yet I waited and waited and nothing. I was pissed to be honest.

I did speak to an Apple Manager and complained for a really long time. He was really nice, but did not want to offer compensation. I did speak with him for a long time however and he ended up offering me a case of my choosing from the Apple Store so I just asked for a leather case. I thought it was really nice of them to do. I told him I appreciated Apple for this and their level of customer support.

Reactions: Miles64

Fozziebear71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
I hade an original delivery date of 10/4-10/10. I ordered on 9/9. I haven't received my phone yet. I haven't asked for nor do i feel entitled to "compensation for inconveniences". The date they said i would get my phone hasn't arrived yet. Not to mention, what "inconveniences" have people suffered?

The sense of entitlement by some people never ceases to astound me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.