Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ayre, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Ayre macrumors member

Just curious if anyone has this for the Mac yet. I absolutely loved playing the original RCT on my mom's old PC, but that computer has since gone kaput (what a surprise ;)).

My specs are in my sig. I thought Sims 2 would run like a charm on my mac, but poor coding has made it pale in comparison to something like WarCraft 3. I'd like to get RCT 3, but I'm afraid it's undergone the same treatment as Sims 2. Would anyone like to prove me wrong?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have RC3 on my PC and with a P4 3ghz and 1.25gig ram, ATI X800 XT PE graphics card the game still struggles once your park is 1/4 full of stuff. Seriously you can ride on a coaster at the start and get a good frame rate, once your park has begun to grow, the framerate on the rides really begins to grate with drops down to 10-15 fps...

The framerate and performace was boosted when they introduced the soaked expansion pack, plus they added underground building.

I haven't recieved my copy of wild! expansion yet, it should be on it's way.

I love the game and havent decided whether to buy it for my Powermac or Powerbook yet, mainly because

The mac version doesn't have the expansion pack (you would have thought they would automatically add the first expansion, it has been a year already) which improved performace no end. Not sure how performance will hold up, like I say with my PC I cant even max out the settings, and generally mac versions are always slower than the pc counterparts, which makes me wonder how on earth its going to play. Riding on a coster at 5-10 fps will suck and take any enjoyment out of doing so.

So I guess I'll wait to see what others post about the mac version before /i bother parting with my cash.

3. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I love this game, especially CoasterCam, where you can ride the coasters you built.

I say get it, or see if there is a downloadable demo...