Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 for Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by diego, Nov 29, 2005.

1. diego macrumors member

diego

Does anyone got it already?? I'm really looking forward to it, looks amazing.

2. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I haven't bought it yet, but it really does look good...I should order it soon because it is on sale right now are amazon.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Its a great game. It's a reasonable enough conversion (as mac coversions go) though the framerate stutters alot when you have a lot of your park built up.

Also seeing as though its a year since the PC release and they are on they're second expansion (WILD!) I feel dissapointment ASPYR did'nt at least build in the first expansion (SOAKED) as that added a lot of fundemental improvements to the game. (building underground, new coasters, water park events and rides, GFX engine improvements).

I actually have it on the PC with 2 expansions, I bought it for the mac because I love the game that much and wanted a game to put on my powerbook so that I could play while I'm away for weekends etc...

If you liked any of the other rollercoaster tycoon games, then I would recommend it.

4. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

I got it today! Runs ok on my 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz (Rev A) with 128MB VRAM. Realtime simulation makes for a CPU/GPU intensive game. For example, you can make your own rollercoaster and then ride in one of the carts through the rollercoaster you just designed. Thats gotta use a lot of processing power for the realtime simulation.

I wouldn't run this game on anything under 1 GHz with at least a 128MB VRAM. The box says you can use it with a 64MB graphics card, but you may not get good results. This game should run well on a G5 based Mac with a 256MB Graphics Card. The new iMacs should also run this game well. The new (1.5 GHz) Mac Mini's would probably run this game just ok, but not great.

Its great fun! If you've got a Mac that can handle it, or think can handle it, I would strongly recommend it. After all, its been widely asked for on the Mac side for years...