RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Goldcard, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Goldcard macrumors regular

Hey everyone I just bought an ibook G4 the other day and I got Rollercoaster tycoon 3 to play. Its running very slow even with the settings on low. do you think this is a ram related issue? thanks.

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

yes, it probably is. I have it on my powerbook g4, 1.5 GHz, 512 MB RAM and it works well. Not as good as i think it could be, but on the box it does say that it works best on the g5. My sister has Zoo Tycoon 2 on her iBook G4, 933 MHz, 256 RAM, and it runs extremly slowly. Assuming that you have a new ibook, it should run with the CPU, but the ram is probably the issue.

EDIT: Looking at the new ibook specs (i haven't checked for a while), it does have enough RAM, so maybe video card is the problem.

3. Goldcard thread starter macrumors regular

yea i have 512mb of ram but i'm sure i had a few other things open and i'm used to 1 gig ram and 256 mb graphics card. i was spoiled with my last pc. well i'll probably invest in some more ram and get it up to a gig then at least i could listen to music and play and hopefully it'll boost some performance issues. thanks for the reply!

4. moooosedude macrumors member

moooosedude

i have rct3 on my powerbook 1.33 with over a gig of ram, and it still is almost unplayable. its got to be the video card.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It runs great on my powermac dual 1.8 with an X800XT

It ran adequatly on a powerbook 1.67 with 128mb Radeon 9700

I'm rather dissapointed with the water in the game. The pc version has lovely water effects that reflect everything and glisten. The mac version looks like a blob of goo in a hole :( Other than that it's great,

Just hurry up Aspyr and release a few bug updates for it and maybe bundle the two pc expansions into one pack for us mac owners and I'll be happy.

6. Goldcard thread starter macrumors regular

yea the expansion packs would be really cool! I think I'm going to add in some additional ram in the next month or so and maybe it'll at least run a little smoother even if the graphics arent amazing. thanks everyone.