Roosevelt Field Mall , NY

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by SirAvila, Sep 20, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Anyone from around long island camping out here?

2. macrumors member

I am planning on just taking a trip out there around 6Am tomorrow. In the past, lines have not been too crazy there. Are you going to camp out overnight?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I think so , i went in there today and it seems like being there around 3-4am would be just fine so no clue.

4. macrumors member

Aight, I am planning to make it there by six, but I usually wake up earlier, so I might go at an earlier hour too. See ya there, bring a chair, lol.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

lol i will , Just so you know who i am i'll be wearing a blue button up shirt and probably a hoodie if it's cold around that time

6. macrumors member

What, no laces? No sexy underwear? No full-body latex suit? I am so disappointed. But yeah, I'll probably wear a blue Hofstra sweatshirt. If I did laundry last week, if not then who knows.

----------

Called up the Apple store there, as per Mall regulations they will not let people into the mall to start lining up before 6AM. She said that if you want to line up before that, come to the netrance between the Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. As of right now, obviously no line, as the mall is going to close down for the night. I still think I'll drive up around 4 and camp out for a couple hours.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol! , I wonder if anyone is camping right now.

8. macrumors 6502a

crisss1205

And after you get your new iPhone 5, you can go for the grand opening of Crumbs Bakery!

That place has awesome red velvet cupcakes.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL! , i'm checking it out afterwards. Thank you for the recommendation even if i'm not a cupcake fan.

10. crisss1205, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

macrumors 6502a

crisss1205

Looks like they have a coupon too, http://www.crumbs.com/news/article/166 and they chose the perfect day to open their new location.

Maybe I will stop by and checkout the line, after all UPS will probably come around 6PM with my new iPhone :mad:

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

>.>, lol least you don't have to wait in line. Which hopefully isn't so long

12. macrumors newbie

Dont think they were letting people camp.. Security had Nordstrom and Bloomingdales parking lots coned off and didn't see anyone else at any of the other mall entrances!!

13. macrumors member

Interesting, that's where the Apple store lady told me to go if I wanted to que earlier than mall opening. As far as I remember from iPhone 4 line, they let people line up inside the parking garage. Oh, and that line was HUGE.

----------

I think I might just take a drive up there in a few since I can't really sleep anyway.

14. thread starter macrumors newbie

:O , so where would i have to camp at?

15. macrumors member

Drove around around 2, saw fenced lots and closed doors, a cop told me to get out and come back around 7. Got here around 6, took me a few minutes to find a line. No more than a hundred people ahead and some 50 behind, so this may still be a good place to come.

16. macrumors member

...And I am home with my new phone. The whole thing took about 3 hours, and once they have started to let people into the mall, the wait for me was about 20 minutes. There was no more than 70 people behind me when I entered the mall, and the store had plenty of phones in stock (except for sprint, they only had white ones available for that carrier).

17. thread starter macrumors newbie

That's good to hear man! you were in the Apple line? i just decided to go with AT&T line , no hype at all :(

18. macrumors member

Yea, I have VZW, and I did not clearly hear whether they said AT&T only or AT&T and Verizon, and I was frankly too confortable in my chair with the fifth game of thrones book, so I decided not to get up. You guys had no line at all, there was like 5 people there for AT&T.

19. macrumors 6502a

crisss1205

Just passed by and there is no line with over 100 units stacked up by the Genius Bar. All models and colors and carriers.

Also what may be interesting to check out is the new Tesla Motors dealership on the first floor where they have a Model S on display.

20. macrumors regular

freejack

I'd love to believe you but after witnessing the feeding frenzy at the Manhasset store this doesn't seem possible.

Unless they received additional shipments later in the day.

21. macrumors newbie

I'm not so sure. I went and played with one at Roosevelt field at about 12:45, and the woman said to me, "the line outside". I'm waiting for factory unlocked, so it didn't matter to me.

22. macrumors 6502a

crisss1205

I was there around 1:30 and there was no line outside. (Nobody in between the Apple and Sony Store exit either) and there were plenty on the Genius Bar. I was going to take a picture but the new security guys yelled at me.

23. macrumors newbie

Interesting. Wonder why she told me a line outside then.

24. thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow , Yeah like right after AT&T opened. Went right in and came out and yeah xD beats queuing in the Apple line. Though i rather liked the Apple hype. I've camped in the Apple Store at West 14th for the release of iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 and i kinda did regret the line! , from 5-6am exiting the store at around 1-2 pm! >.> , Though it wasn't really compared to 5th ave from what i heard.

25. macrumors 6502a

Ghost Armor

Does Roosevelt Field Mall have Ghost Armor there? The one in Walt Whitman mall left:(