roots

Discussion in 'Community' started by King Cobra, Dec 19, 2002.

1. King Cobra macrumors 603

I've been wondering how many people have begun to play with old toys, real old games, or watch classic movies.

Recently a classmate showed me a crappy version of the 80s Tetris on a website. All of a sudden I got a sudden urge to start playing the 80's version of Tetris for GameBoy. (The other reason is when I was much younger, I came less than 200 points away from the "Rocket" and I never saw it.)

The first time I started to play it again (I played it on my GameBoy Color, but it's still the same game :)) I did quite well. Just earlier today I got 132080 and the rocket.

Also, I've been getting the urge to play some other GameBoy games other than Tetris, but none of them really compare. :)

So how many others have gone back to their old childhood days and began to reexplore their lives back then?

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

One word: Emulators

Emulators have allowed me to replay some of my old favorite games from the C64 and Atari 2600.

3. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Durandal7, nice 'tar. ;) As for old games...how do the emulators work? Do they work well? It'd be fun to play some of my old games for Atari...those were the days.:)

4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Thanks, I couldn't resist having a Sauron avatar :D

The emulators work very well for old consoles. I use one called Stella for Atari and have every Atari game ever made on my HD (it's about 3MB worth for 300+ games) I also have one for SNES called SNES9X that I enjoy quite a bit. They are basically applications that recognize the games as documents.

Attached Files:

5. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

6. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: roots

i dont think i ever left childhood:p :p :p

some say that's why i look so young

7. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Re: roots

I was born a little too late (it was all Sonic when I was young), what exactly is the "Rocket"?

8. King Cobra thread starter macrumors 603

>(-Rocket)

Check your PM.

Scored 145000+ in front of my English teacher the other day. :D

>(jefhatfield) i dont think i ever left childhood:p :p :p

>some say that's why i look so young

At least that is what most people would like to think. :p