Rose Parade Irony?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by hayduke, Jan 1, 2007.

1. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

So I was watching the Rose Parade this morning with my 2 year old daughter. The theme this year is "Our Good Nature." Lots of dancing and singing in the opening act. "CELEBRATE our good nature LA LA LA..."

So the singing and dancing comes to a close and then three fighter jets roar over the crowd! It was kind of thing I would expect Michael Moore to make fun of. Does anyone else think this is ironic?

Anyways...Happy New Year and do your best not to bomb the crap out of anyone this year!

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Waaah, the parade has already started? :eek:

I slept in! :(

Just as long as Michigan gives USC a good-natured spanking, I'm all for it. ;)

But I do see your point.... :(

3. wozzlewoozle macrumors regular

I find the theme itself rather ironic, let alone the fighter jets.

4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Was watching this morning and was pretty angry over the whole thing. I mean, I'm just in a pissy mood anyway. But, "celebrate our good nature?' Fine. The parade's about nature. And that's fine. But have you seen our "good nature" lately?

Doesn't seem much to celebrate.

The parade was beautiful, though, once I got over my own self-indulgence. And the dreadful lip synching.

5. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

The fighter jets fit in quite well with the grand marshall. I'm just surprised they didn't have a tie-fighter flyover.

How can you complain about what we're doing to nature with all the good we're doing in Iraq? And it's only taken 3000 dead soldiers to achieve a rollicking civil war.

Best bumper sticker: Be nice to America, or we'll bring democracy to your country.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I too found that ironic. But what bothers me most is how they seem to forget the war. I mean it's not like the war just started and they didn't have all year to pay tribute. Nah let's forget about that and get George Lucas in there. The man did bring us Star Wars...certainly that trumps what our troops are doing for the other George.