"Roseanne" to be released on DVD!

Discussion in 'Community' started by PaRaGoNViCtiM, Jul 4, 2005.

1. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

2. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

OMFG!

I've been waiting for this forever! I know its on VHS, but finally DVD! OMG! WOOOOOOT!!!!!!

3. PaRaGoNViCtiM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hell yEa, let's celebrate. They say it will be released in stores sometime before September 2005. They also say, that the company was slacking on doing it, and Roseanne was the one who kept on pushing it, telling them she would do all kinds of behind the scenes interviews and stuff, so they say it's going to be loaded with bonus material. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

4. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

it was funny at the time I couldn't watch it anymore or buy a dvd ... but yeah down the road people won't find the chapelle show funny ... and you will think its a classic

6. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

:eek: ?

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

He's only 13.

Hope that explains everything for you.

8. mvc macrumors 6502a

mvc

I'm 43 and I thought it was crap too, but she reminded me too much of my ex-wife :p

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

You really have to watch the last season for the dramatic twist in the final. Still brings tears to my eyes. The season needs to be really watched as a whole.

Also the last season of Roseanne (along with the likes of Mary Tyler Moore, and Bob Newhart) have to be looked upon as great examples of working on peoples emotions at different levels. Much like the MTM episode of Chuckles the Clown's funereal - "A little dance, a little seltzer down your pants" - a real classic.

Otherwise, "Pow, zoom, to the moon..." to ya. :D Don't get that reference, just ask some of us oldsters here. :)

10. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

I absoloutly hated this show, never will i buy but i hope it meets everyone's expectations :)

11. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

A little while before my time, though I remember seeing a free reruns on TBS when I would come home from school. It was pretty funny, but not buying the DVD funny...

12. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

Doesn't really matter if he's thirteen though, I'm 15 and it's one of my favorite shows. I believe it was awesome at the time because for so long, TV portrayed wives as being perfect with perfect little families with a perfect neighborhood and all this other nonsense. And this show really trashed that reputation, and to me, it's just flat out hilarious.

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Glad to see that there is some hope in the younger generation. :)

You hit the nail on the head. Bet you do well in your comparative lit classes. :) You captured well that life is not perfect. It may not have had the social impact of "All In The Family" as well - but it did provide people with the ability to laugh at themselves perhaps -- or in the end for some to laugh at the "working class"; but with the season finally to see that they are not much different from the rest.

14. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

when i went to italy, i remember watching rosanne reruns..and the title was something like (in italian dialect): eat and get fat.

am i right? or did i just dream this up.

15. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

mmmm love roseanne.. :D (and i'm young too!)

in fact i was watching it on sunday and i remember jumping upstairs during thr break and checking if there's a dvd. i'm glad it's coming soon.

i wonder why the hold off so long. like will & grace is on series 7 but they've only released something like 1-3 on dvd :/ odd.

long live roseanne! Jackie was my favourite :cool: