Roseville, CA - Galleria

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by stockcerts, Jun 16, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

I have an iPhone reserved for the 24th. I haven't decided if I'm going to get there right at 7:00am. I would imagine the reserve line won't be huge and will move quickly.

2. macrumors newbie

I'll be there too, probably will get there at 7AM so I can at least bring it in to work early and show it off to jealous co-workers. :)

3. macrumors newbie

I'll be there as well on the 24th to pick up my reserved iPhone. I went in and talked to one of the workers today and he was able to give me a couple details about launch day.
    First of all he told me that the reserve line will move much quicker than the walk in line. They'll take in about 20 people with reservations and one walk in at a time.
    Second, if they do happen to have white, you'll most likely be able to switch out your reserved black iPhone for a white one. He referenced the iPad launch and how ones were able to switch to an iPad with higher capacity if they so wished.
    Third. If anybody wishes to get there super early, the closest entrance to the apple store (the one by crate and barrel) will most likely be open by 3 am. Again he said that's how it was with the iPad launch.
    Thats about all I remember him saying about the 24th. Hopefully someone will find this info helpful.

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the info. I have one reserved and I'm planning on getting there just before 7:00.

5. macrumors newbie

Yeah I'm still trying to figure out if I wanna get there super early or just arrive at 7. If there is the off chance of white, I definitely wanna get one.

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

If you have a reservation you shouldn't need to get there early.

7. macrumors newbie

I have a quick question to you all with Reservations? I signed up and received an email for my phone and my wife's. I got an email that confirmed our reservation at 7:00 on the 24th. This is just a reservation I have not paid for the phone yet! Did you all pre purchase your phone through the Apple site? Just want to make sure I have the same document.

8. macrumors newbie

All I did was reserve mine as well and have not paid for anything yet. Got the email that says it'll be available for pickup on the 24th.

9. macrumors newbie

Thanks TylerV....

I guess we are on the same page then...

10. macrumors regular

LtCarter47

Thanks for passing on the info, Tyler. I've been pretty much in the mindset that I won't be getting one for quite some time because I was going to wait for white. Since the guy even bothered to mention white at all, I'm thinking I'll get there early early early and hope there's a white available, and go in to work a little late.

11. macrumors 6502a

T-Will

All the info above coincides with the info that I picked up from one of the reps in the store. He also said that if you made a reservation, then they should hold your unit until close of day (I'm still planning to get there a little before 7am just in case).

I hadn't heard that the door by Crate and Barrel is open at 3am, but that's good to know if that's true.

Thanks for the info! :)

12. macrumors regular

LtCarter47

13. macrumors newbie

Correction to opening of mall

I was just in the Apple Store in Roseville on the 18th and talked to the manager. I have her business card at home, and unfortunately am not there, or I would give her name, but she told me that in the past they have gone out the the entrance by Crate & Barrel at 5am (not 3) and let the people in that were in line to stand in line outside the Apple store until 7am. So, if you're planning on doing any "camping", from what she said, sometime between 4 and 5 should be fine. I know I'll be there!

14. macrumors 6502a

T-Will

Thanks for the tip, I was thinking 5am would be a decent time to show up.

15. macrumors regular

LtCarter47

It's a trap! They want you to show up later! :D

16. thread starter macrumors 65816

If you have a reserved phone I don't think there's any reason to show up before 7:00am.

17. macrumors 6502a

T-Will

Unless I want to get to work on time. ;)

18. macrumors member

I'll be there bright and early @ 5am, I reserved for in store pick up but I want my phone ASAP. Plus, I kinda miss the whole camping out thing (waited in line for 6 hours for the 3G - walk in), while it's faster and better in the long run, the pre-ordering has taken some of the fun out of the Apple product releases.

Am I going to see any other bright shining faces there? Who's with me?

19. thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll be there at 7:00am, but no camping out. I did that for the 3G at the AT&T store in Folsom!

20. macrumors 6502a

T-Will

Planning to be there at 5am. :)

21. macrumors member

6am, with reservation!

22. macrumors newbie

Not a morning person, and I do have a reservation, but I'll try and make it at 5AM as well.

23. macrumors regular

24. macrumors newbie

Yikes. Suffice it to say, the overwhelming majority of them are probably non-preorders. Hopefully, once Apple store employees get there, they'll organize it into 2 proper lines. I wonder how many preorders they are expecting here.

25. macrumors member

I talked to a Roseville store rep yesterday and he said there were "a lot" of pre-orders, what he considers to be "a lot" I'm not sure but the way he really emphasized the words "a lot" makes me think there will be a substantial number of people in the pre-order line today.