Ross Brawn to take a Ferrari/F1 sabbatical in 2007

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Aug 2, 2006.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Autosport is reporting that Ross Brawn is taking a 'sabbatical' next season... :(

Personally, I think this probably confirms that we are currently witnessing Schumachers final F1 season. :( :( :(

2. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Not surprising if it is Schumacher's last dance. I don't see Raikkonen going there unless he is allowed to compete fair and sqaure, which is why I don't see Schumacher staying on. Too bad as it'd be interesting to see if he would be so dominant without a puppet to protect him :rolleyes: :p

As for RB, he's not really got much left to achieve has he?

3. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Willi Webber has been recomending retirement so you may be right. But I hope not. Can't wait till Monza.

4. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I hope this isn't true...I would like to see Schumi and Kimi race on the same team.

Still, if Schumi retires Kimi will have the best shot at the championship he's ever had in his career.

Say it ain't so!

5. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Schumi won't race in the same team as Kimi at this stage in his career, as if he got creamed he would be leaving as a loser and he wouldn't handle that.

Hope it is his last year.

6. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

i seriously doubt he would get 'creamed' by anyone.
    and most certainly he wouldn't leave as a 'loser': he has more wins than all other active pilots combined

i think schumi staying with kimi would be fantastic, and it would really open up the championship

7. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

I think it would do the opposite. I think while in the past Mclaren let their drivers race throughout the season, I can't see Ferrari doing the same if, say, Alonso in a Mclaren is battling with Kimi for the championship after Michael's engine blew a couple of times in the season. I've read that Bernie wants the drivers spaced out for both commercial purposes (3 teams in contention vs 2) and racing purposes.

8. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

Schumi retires, Kimi moves to Ferrari, Kovalainen gets a Renault drive, and 2007 championship goes like this:

1) Kimi
    2) Kovalainen
    3) Ferrari 2nd seat
    4) Alonso

I think that Alonso is biting his nails currently...