Rossi to increase Ferrari tests

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Sep 2, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Heehee very, very cool... :cool:

I just hope Schumacher sticks it out for another few years, imagine a Schumacher/Rossi line up. :eek: Magic :D

Rinky dink link

Thoughts?

2. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

it will happen. but i'm betting on raikkonen-rossi for 2007

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Heck, if Rossi proves to be truly as fast on four wheels as on two he may be a Schuey-replacement option when the inevitable retirement happens.

I certainly looks like a good lineup for Ferrari - and puts some pressure on Massa, depending on how long Michael hangs around...

4. El Phantasmo macrumors member

for how long is Massa's contract?
    Wouldn't a Rossi/Massa lineup for 2007 be more logic?

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

How can NOT having Schuey be logical? He's the best. There certianly is no question of his talent or fitness, and until those begin to decline I see no reason Ferrari would want to let him go unless they simply couldn't afford him (and we know that isn't a problem).

6. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

He's testing again :D

And what with Schu signing sponsorship deals through to 2010, and making comments that he'd welcome Rossi, and that his arrival wouldn't be enough to put him into retirement, fingers crossed that we might just see the 2 top names in motorsport in the same team going head to head :D

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

He was what, 3 or so seconds slower than Schu, right? I wonder how fast he will be in a race...as Massa will soon discover, being Schu's teammate would be a lesson in humility for any driver other than a certain Finn.

There's definitely something going on in Maranello though. I think this is for real now.

8. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

I want Rossi to stay in MotoGP...he's my hero. :(

9. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

But why can't he still be your hero if makes the switch to F1? :)

You never know, maybe Schu might make the switch to Moto GP to compensate. :eek: heheh.

10. JupiterTwo macrumors 6502

JupiterTwo

kewl - when did Schuey do the bike thing? was it a test, or just a sponsor thing?

11. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

a fun thing.
    he was miles off pace (over 20 secs)

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Yeah, it's much harder to go from cars to bikes than vice versa.

13. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

Of course he was! A 36 year old starting on bikes... vs. a 26 year old starting on autos. Yikes.

14. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Rossi actually started out on 4 wheels ;) :D

15. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

A Yamaha on training wheels.

16. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

17. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

ITV had an article about him today denying having made a decision yet but it seems to be the worst kept secret in F1 that Ferrari wants him on the team. That really seems to rule out Raikkonen, don't you think?

If Schuey stays on another couple years and Rossi proves to be a contender they won't necessarily need Kimi in the short term anyway...

18. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

It all depends on Schu doesn't it... the fact that he's signed sponsorship deals until 2010 hints that he might be considering racing on till he's 40, (it's old I suppose, but then look at Mansell and Prost when they won their last WDC's and Schu's in far better shape than both ever where) but then again he might announce in '06 that he's retiring. Can't see it myself... *touches wood* he's fit enough, even after an uncompetitive season he's already talking about reclaiming HIS title in '06 so the motivation is definitely there. :D

Rossi's got the race craft, you only need watch him in Moto GP to see that, and that's something you can't really teach, it's instinctive... all he needs to do is just nail the driving technique, and I'm pretty certain he'll be able to do that with no worries at all.

But imagine... pitching the 2 current greatest names in motorsport in the same team. :eek: :eek: :D that'd be something... and only one thing would ever top that... and that's Schumacher Vs. Senna. :D

But yeah... don't we have any Swedish speakers on the boards? :confused:

19. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Schuey is probably the most physically fit driver on the grid, despite his age. I think it's safe to say he'll be around a few more years at least - I can easily see him fighting for a title in 2010.

Rossi...hmm, who knows? it seems impossible to predict how even the best race drivers will fare when they move to F1. Some fly and some flop, despite the hype. Obviously Ferrari think he's worth it, and they probably know what they're talking about better than any of us. :D

I'm just a monolingual 'merican. I don't actually remember any Swiss on this site at all...

20. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

THIS Would be a delite! This kid has some serious talent.

on a slight political note I'd rather see an Italian driving a Ferrari in F1 than a German (reminds me too much of WorldWar history; if I'm not mistaken).

My bet though is this kid crashes or spins out by the 2nd race!:D