Rotating a video clip?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by imac abuser, Sep 18, 2006.

1. imac abuser
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hello,
    I need to know how to rotate a video clip. Someone I know took video on a digital camera of thier daughters first steps, but they did it like if you where taking a long picture and holding the camera sideways. I know pretty dumb, but is there a way to fix that in imovie? Or any other app? the whole clip is that way so it's just needing to be turned.

Chris

2. dogsbody
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Quicktime Pro

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure if there are any free solutions for doing this, but I use Quicktime Pro to rotate my clips. You can buy a key for the normal Quicktime through the Apple Store that unlocks the extra functionality.

Here's a link to a site giving instructions on how to do this, once you've upgraded:-

http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2006/05/from_my_mailbox_qt7_clip_rotat.html

Good luck!

Justin.

3. imac abuser
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

That's awesome thank you I do have quicktime pro

4. dogsbody
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Excellent - glad to be of assistance.

5. PegasusMedia
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

<i>I know pretty dumb, but is there a way to fix that in imovie? Or any other app?</i>

I know of no app that can fix dumb. If you find one, let me know! Especially if will run on a PDA or something, so I can carry it around & use it on people as necessary!