Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesapp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
having trouble with a tutorial for quartz composer.

“Setting Up a Rotating Cube”

in the tutorial i have made a rotating cube with a picture on it. That is as far as i have gotten. I created several patches, like a rotating cube patch, a picture which i took from the finder. A render in image macro, and a clear patch for the background. When i created the render in image macro, i was told to cut all other patches and to double click the render in image macro and paste the other patches to the render in image macro. I tried to double click, but when i did the paste menu option was greyed out, i single clicked the render in image macro and pasted the three other patches to the render in image macro. One thing that happened was that when i pasted, all the patches returned to the workspace. Is this what should happen? From looking at screen shots from the tutorial, i don't think i am pasting the patches to the render in image macro? Also in the tutorial, it goes on to talk about Clicking Edit Parent to move up to the root macro patch level of your composition. My Edit Parent(from the toolbar and Editor menu) are greyed out.

FelixMC

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2008
Alright, so what you were supposed to do (I assume) was copy the cube and all the patches 'tied' to it inside the 'Render in Image' image.
All you have to do is select the cube patch and all the patches tied to it, go to Edit>Copy, double click the 'Render in Image' Patch, go to Edit>Paste and you're patches should appear. Then go to Editor>Edit Parent to get out of the 'Render in Image' Patch.
Hope that was what u were looking for..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.