Rotating in iPhoto '06

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mfacey, Feb 13, 2006.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

Feb 1, 2004
    Just installed iPhoto 06 and I'm truly annoyed by the fact that you still can only rotate anti-clockwise. What's the deal? I always take my portrait photos in such a way that I need to rotate clockwise.
    Yes, an easy solution is just to take my pictures the other way around, but don't find that comfortable.
    Somebody please tell me its possible to change the default rotation direction in iPhoto. Its bugging the heck out of me! :mad:

2. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    Whoh... relax already. iPhoto has always allowed you to rotate both clockwise and counter-clockwise. By default it's counter-clockwise. Hold down the option key and you'll see the rotate icon turn to the clockwise position.

You can also change the button to rotate photos in the opposite direction. Choose iPhoto > Preferences, click General at the top of the Preferences window, and then click the Rotate Clockwise or Rotate Counter Clockwise button.

You can also consult the "iPhoto Help" (Command ?) to find out more about rotation - like how to straighten a photo by rotating it 10 degrees or less in either direction.

It's really amazing how Apple answers questions right in their help section.
  3. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2005
    2,000 light years from home
    I had the same frusteration ! (until I played with the rotate feature and found aricher's solutions!).