ROTK:EE = 4 hours 50 minutes!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by ColoJohnBoy, Dec 23, 2003.

1. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

So in browsing TheOneRing.net I came upon an interesting little article regarding the running time of the eventual Extended Edition DVD of The Return og the King. Apparently it will be in excess of 4 hours and 50 minutes.

TheOneRing.net article...

I also found on article on a Danish website that saus the exact same thing, so if anybody speaks Danish....

Danish article...

Here's for hoping.... I'd love to see a version of ROTK that closely follows the book. In fact, as the cast and crew will be returning to New Zealand next year for more filming (presumably for the ROTK:EE) I would love to see them film extra scenes and release a mammoth 18 hour version of the film, that includes things that were cut out, like Tom Bombadil, The Scouring of the Shire, etc.

2. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I'd be surprised if it was that long, but it would be cool. This movie, more than the others, suffered a lot because of scenes they boviously cut out of the theatrical release. some things just don't make any sense, particularly when you know the books. The other two were much better in extended versions, and I think this one will be the same.

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I wonder how long it will take people to come out with a seamless 9 hour long version including the first, second and third parts of the trilogy. This would be interesting, I'll have to buy all the dvds, rip them, and make my own. That would be cool.

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

The Lord of the Rings home-viewing experience will greatly benefit from future, higher-density DVDs.

I don't know about you, but for me, switching DVDs 6 times kind of kills the mood. One super-density DVD with all 3 extended versions on it: Now THAT would be something to buy!