Router Configuration

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by nino0709, Jan 17, 2004.

1. nino0709 macrumors newbie

:confused: I just bought a Linksys router model BEFSRX41 with the intention to set up a modest network at home. A G4, a power book G3 and a Windows 98 PC . My problem... I failed to realize the router is not MAC compatible. I've been told there are ways to get it configured for both platforms. Can anybody help me please, and if not. What other options do I have?
    Thank you.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

RTFM!

Type http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar of a browser (on a michine which is connected to the router), default linksys password is "admin", you can do all your config from there.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

Re: Router Configuration

?????

how did you determine that?

it'll work fine. do what edesignuk said. but also change that default password (it's in one of the setup screens), otherwise anyone who knows your WAN IP can get into your router.

4. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Re: Re: Router Configuration

well, linksys does not officially support macs, so thats probably where he got it from.

But I can also verify, linksys routers work fine with macs. Admin is browser based as described above, and it uses standard internet protocals. out of the box, all you usually need to do is set up the mac for DHCP and let it rip.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

Re: Re: Re: Router Configuration

true, but i find that a far cry from 'incompatible'

i've been using my linksys router w/ macs for about 3 years now. it works well.

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

dose anyone know the defult password for a drey tech router? it's not admin?

It's my freinds and he's to stubern to ask for help

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    it should be on the manual or install card of his router

8. 12ibookg4 macrumors regular

hector, try the serial number on the back of the router. That's what netopia does for their default password maybe it will work for you.