Router envolved question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JonoColesUK, Jan 26, 2005.

1. JonoColesUK macrumors member

JonoColesUK

Hy there

I ordered this wireless router today:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=&pcount=&Product_Id=141064

Its to go onto a ADSL line provided by BT. Its so i dont have to move my phoneline into my room to get internet on ym powerbook.

I just wanted to know how i should go about installing it and if i still need my original BT modem. Also if anyone has any experience with this deivce any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Jono

:)

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Hi,its a dsl/router so you won't need your BT jobby.It'll come with a quick start guide that is very straight forward and simple.The only thing is setting up WEP security also straight forward just don't lose your password(my wireless network is open I don't care who uses it and many other people feel the same, if everyone did it we'd have seamless wireless all over).If you care about security change the admin password to something other than default.

3. JonoColesUK thread starter macrumors member

JonoColesUK

Cheers bro

thats what i wanted to here

how easy do you recon it would be to set up a PC onto the same network in a couple of months after i set it up?

bear in mind its got oldschool PCI slots (pentium III win98SE homebuild lol)

once again thankyou very much

Jono :)