Router Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cowman007, Mar 26, 2007.

1. cowman007 macrumors regular

Mar 17, 2007
    Hey there i just bought a new router and I'm wondering if it'll be compatible with my future iMac.

It's a treadnet router (sucky i know but it was 10 bucks couldn't resist) and the box says it's compatible with WIndows 98 SE,Windows 2000,Windows XP and then it says Mac with and apple logo?

Im really confused. Will this router work with Mac osx 10.4 and 10.5 cause thats the time period were in or going to be in.

HEres the link

Thanks for any help
  2. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. Of course, it's a g router, so if you're buying a new Mac with wireless n, then you'll be short-changed a little.

But for $10, you should be okay using it with your Mac.

Essentially, as long as it can connect to your cable modem and hand out IP addresses, you should be fine. Assuming it's managed via a web browser, and you don't need a direct connection, which could be problematic. But I'd doubt it.
  3. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

Jun 10, 2003
    I have that exact same router (also got it for $10 from futureshop :p), and it works fine with my MacBook. It has good range, too.
  4. cowman007 thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 17, 2007
    Thanks man Glad to know soembody else is in the same boat as me.
  5. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

Jul 9, 2005
    The town without George Bailey
    Yep. Works just fine. Just to let you know, it doesn't ask if you want to set up wep or wpa security in its windows only wizard, but this is configurable from the web interface.
  6. cowman007 thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 17, 2007

Yea I always found that wizard to be a little weird cause when i called customer service they told me to do everything from the web interface and ignore the wizard completely
  7. spacehog371 macrumors regular

Dec 13, 2003