Rower_CPU: Webextraordinairre

Discussion in 'Community' started by teabgs, Feb 19, 2003.

1. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Aiight. Listen up. So Rower's been helpin me get my webpage to look, well...good.
    So, we've been working on it and he did an awesome job. Also, gotta give some credit for the filmstrip thing to Duke....he's cool as crap too and helpful.

Anyway, it's been about a month or a month and a half of development and me saying things like make this...or can we do that?

It's not totally finished, and I will update it when I can...but it's now ready for primetime.

Rower, I cannot thank you enough (even though I have thanked you a lot already). Everyone....Rower Rocks. That's it. It's a fact, He's damn good at this stuff.

Alright, well, I'll give ya'll the link . Check it out, tell your friends....if you have any good ideas for short animations, lemme know, maybe I'll make it. Or live action for that matter...which I may put up sometime.

Rower, YOU ROCK

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

My pleasure, dude...it's what I enjoy doing. :)

Hope it helps you get some gigs...

3. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Great website! teabgs, rower, dukestreet, you all did a great job with it.

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I love your animations. Just to let you know.

Make some more! ;)

5. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Thanks. :)

I'm trying to work on some things with the Dog one that I'm not happy with, but it requires a lot of work before the actual animation. So, that's a big part of what I'm currently doing.

When I get it to my satisfaction it will be posted again. And then I can commit time to making a lot of new ones....no necessarily computer generated as that takes so much time to do everything by myself.

6. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

The dog one is great. It needs to be smoother when
    he gets hit, but other than that it is good. To
    me at least.. ;)

7. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Well, it's too bad you dont own...say Pixar...

I'm working on making the characters themselves look better as far as the models go. Then they're getting new textures, a new environment, new lighting, better shadows, better deformation of the skin, better animation (for the gorilla)

...I think that's it....but it means I have to go back to the modeling phase, then give it some new skeletal parts, which is where I am at now....connecting the skin and skeleton so that it moves right.

Then reanimate some of it and create the textures, lighting, and environment...gonna have to have it done in about 2 and a half weeks for personal reasons which i wont get into. :)

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

it sounds like a lot of work. I hope it pays off.

If I knew whoever owns Pixar, I would direct them
    to your site. ;)

9. mikulashek macrumors member

I enjoyed your site's animations, though there are not many up yet. That Monkey switch ad was hilarious and I'm amazed that you were actually one Television for it. Once you get the hang of the animation you should try your hand at a full length short (?) like Wallace and Grommit.

10. howard macrumors 68020

howard

wow really great job. i like your animations. how did you do them? like the dog one? what program did you use?

its neat to see what the macrumors community does for its members. and also its interesting to see what macrumors members do

11. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

scem: Steve Jobs owns Pixar: go get him... ;)

mikulashek: I'm finishing up a story, and then will get right on the storyboard no later then this weekend for a 3 minute short....give or take. It's not computer, but should be cool...made mostly from metal object such as Nuts and bolts, lightbulbs, etc. Stuff you'd find in a hardware store.

howard: For the 3D computer stuff I use Alias|Wavefront's Maya. I'm still learning the program, have been for a year now. There's a lot to it, can give a headache sometimes.

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

As a dog owner, you should have the dog wag its tail as it barks at the gorilla, either that or have it stand straight out instead of up.

Thanks about the film strip - got some more for you later. ;)

D

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

nice site. i think one time i tried to slap an index.html on nyu and it didn't work. so i gave up.... stupid nyu

14. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Dude, if you want...I'll get on IM and explain how to get it to work for you...

Duke: You got some mo'? You on IM?
    Also....about the dog...remember when the keyboard met the cup of water? well....thats why it's tail doesnt move ;)

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

16. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i don't care a ton... in theory my space runs out in a few months anyways.

i can always take/borrow space from my bro if need be.

it was freshman year, so i think things have changed a lot since then with their set up... was dumb back then. i think you had to specfically request web space or something. i don't know.

17. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

That's a really cool site. Loved the animations too. i like the way it's arranged as well. it's very navigable (kinda the same way the apple site is ;)), but has a good, distinct style to it.

good of you to help him, Rower. Kudos.

18. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    cool site.

hope it lands you gigs a plenty.

regarding your statements about changing textures and such for the dog video...i thought it had a hip retro vibe to it. shows what i know...

19. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

nice job guys!

clean...easy to navigate...looks good...

u guys did a hell of a job on the design...and teabgs...u have quite a collection of credentials... ;)

20. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

The site looks hot. Great work toall of you, and especially great work on the animatiions, teabags.

Only thing that irked me: it took a minute for me to click the JG logo to go back to index, you might want to consider making the center banner filmstrip gif a link back as well. I usually try for that if I don't see a home button, but that may just be me. Overall: fantastic. Rower, you've helped a lot of us with different sites, and I'm glad you're getting a little recognition here.

21. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Nice, very nice.

He, Duke, and several others including Eyelikeart, and more, did our site. www.generalcybernetics.com/apple

It is about to undergo major changes with the help of Rower ;)

Awesome job man!

22. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Good point, drastik. I played with that idea, too, but never reall implemented it. I figure people won't need to go back to the home page since all the content is on the rest of the pages and you can jump from section to section at any time.

I think most people have gotten used to clicking a logo in the upper-left to go to the home page, so I just stuck with that. If teabgs gets some more feedback of people having problems, then he should probably change it. :)