Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sixteen12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Does anybody know if Android offers an equivalent to the Rowmote app on iOS. Essentially it acts as a keyboard, and mouse for my computers. It can launch apps and act as a remote for any program that uses it. Its awesome for my home theater set up and a huge reason I love my iPhone and iPad.

Does Android have something that does the equivalent, preferably with OSX as I use it more than Windows.

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
Does anybody know if Android offers an equivalent to the Rowmote app on iOS. Essentially it acts as a keyboard, and mouse for my computers. It can launch apps and act as a remote for any program that uses it. Its awesome for my home theater set up and a huge reason I love my iPhone and iPad.

Does Android have something that does the equivalent, preferably with OSX as I use it more than Windows.

Don't know if this is the same, but look up Unified Remote on the Play store or http://www.unifiedremote.com

evands

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2001
Decatur, GA
I'm the developer of Rowmote. I'm really excited to hear that you're interested in an 'equivalent' to Rowmote on Android, because we're hard at work on an Android version :) The initial version will support remote control, dock/app launcher, and keyboard functions, a bit of a hybrid between Rowmote and Rowmote Pro; the trackpad/gesture pad part of Rowmote Pro will come later.

xmo

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
Awesome app

Mate, I can tell you Rowmote is one of the reasons I havent kicked my iphone yet. I changed to Android on tablet and im so looking forwrd for Rowmote on Android. Is just one of the best apps for iphone. Perfect in all senses. Love it.

niceguy1430

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
I'm the developer of Rowmote. I'm really excited to hear that you're interested in an 'equivalent' to Rowmote on Android, because we're hard at work on an Android version :) The initial version will support remote control, dock/app launcher, and keyboard functions, a bit of a hybrid between Rowmote and Rowmote Pro; the trackpad/gesture pad part of Rowmote Pro will come later.

Finally bought Rowmote on my new android and junked iphone, last vestige/remnant for it loitering around was that it had Rowmote for my apple tv. Now that Rowmote is there on android, out went the iphone

niceguy1430

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
hi just to let u know that while Rowmote android connects to my jailbroken apple tv the DOWN button does not work and the 4 menu icons below dont work, am I doing something wrong?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.