Roxio Backup Burning of Mac discs on a PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SteveBeat, Sep 21, 2004.

1. SteveBeat macrumors member

Sep 24, 2003
    How would one go about backing up Macintosh CD's (Panther, Adobe CS, Office v.X and 2004) on a PC? All I get is a message saying the disc is not formatted for Windows. I don't think work wants me to reformat Mac discs, so how to I get the discs to appear after I insert them?

I am using Roxio EZCDCreator on this Dell piece of crap. I would use my mac, but I have six discs to do and one takes awhile on my G3 iBook. I shouldn't have to reformat, should I? If someone could link me to a step-by-step or just give me some good instructions I would appreciate it, thanks!

PS: I AM NOT STEALING THIS SOFTWARE. Just making backup copies for my job.
  2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    First of all, you can't reformat a CD. Don't even try - it won't work because the disc isn't writable. Secondly, you'll need a software program like MacDrive to enable your PC to read and use Mac disks before it'll work.
  3. decksnap macrumors 68040

Apr 11, 2003
    I thought the Panther Disks were DVDs. Could be wrong.
  4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

Jul 23, 2002
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    My Panther install is on CD.

Anywho, are you trying to use the disc copy feature of Roxio (does it have one???)?

I use RecordNow from Sonic and do a Disc copy with my Mac discs and it just does a bitwise copy to the new disc, never asks me to format.

Have you tried Nero or Burn at Once [free] ?

Good luck.