Roxio Popcorn not working looking for replacment

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crazycat, Dec 7, 2005.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I bought popcorn before 10.4 came out and after upgrading it does not work anymore. I am looking fo a software that i cane use with my ibook so that i can put a few DVD's on my laptop and watch it without using the DVD it self. Does anyone know of such a software that is working now and would be able to keep working?

2. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Are you sure Popcorn doesn't work on 10.4? Works fine on mine.
    Try Handbrake to compress DVDs.

3. road dog macrumors regular

popcorn isn't the software to put the DVDs onto your machine... you need something like MacTheRipper for that... what popcorn and toast 7 do is compress the dvd once it's on your machine so it can be burned to a new DVD.

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Try DVDxDV (www.dvdxdv.com). It works really well for me and it saves the video as Quicktime files so you can even put them into iMovie or Final Cut if you wish.

5. dragula53 macrumors regular

utilities

you can use ffmpegx and 0sex to copy movies to your computer and to compress them.

these are both free utilities.

6. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
  7. powerboy macrumors regular

Like others have said, if you just want to put movies on your iBook you can use a program like Mactheripper. If you want to burn DVDs, you want to use Popcorn.

Popcorn is compatible with Tiger, you just have to download the latest update from Roxio's website.