Roxio runaround with Popcorn 2 CD Key

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by blodwyn, Apr 27, 2006.

1. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I am a Toast 7 user and ordered the Popcorn 2 upgrade. In the email from Digitalriver the space where the CD Key should be was blank and there were no follow up emails (checked my spam folder too). My Toast 7 key was not accepted by the Popcorn registration dialog, so I was stuck.

Navigating the support site was a joke, you just end up in a circle. I tried to log a web incident but you have to enter a code which is supposedly displayed on the page - no code was on the page so I was SOL there too. Roxann had no information for this problem. Tried the live agent contact applet, guess what? - they were all offline. This was at 11am Pacific so definitely within the business day.

Calling the support line numbers for sonic solutions and digital river ended up with the 2 groups directing me to call each other. Nobody had the ability to help me with a key so I've requested a refund. I'm sure if I called the $39 a call support line I would get some action, but I'm not about to spend another $39 to get a $29 piece of software going.

Roxio - you get an 'F' for this one.

2. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I think most people would be suspicious reading this, genuine or not. Since we shoudn't deal in posting serial numbers here, I suggest you search elsewhere for one.

3. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

39 dollars a phone call? I can call columbia for less than that.

4. blodwyn thread starter macrumors 65816

Not sure I understand your post. I'm not looking for a serial number from this board. I was trying to get one from Roxio, with my order number in hand, and failed miserably. I was just venting my experience.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Stange, all my dealings with Digital River in the past have been positive.

6. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Ya that is bogus...you shouldn't have to go searching for a shady Serial when you paid for it.....

i thought Roxio had good customer service...guess not..

good luck...:eek:

7. blodwyn thread starter macrumors 65816

Finally got the CD key from Roxio

Update:

A helpful guy from Roxio finally sent me a key after I posted on their forum. It seems they are having some problems with missing CD Keys.

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Great!!

They're still "missing" Universal Binaries for Toast though:mad:

9. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Roxio's Support section on their website is horrible. I've had countless issues trying to get support for various issues. Their website is just a mess. I wouldn't blame Roxio directly, but they do need to do something about their support section of their site.

On a related note, I purchased popcorn 2 as well and was very disappointed in the video to iPod conversions. The videos look horrible even at the highest compression settings. I haven't even bothered to contact support yet because I know what a hassle that is. I'm just hoping for a patch that will fix the issues, assuming everyone else will complain about the compression issues.

10. TAV macrumors regular

Video to iPod? You did say "video" to iPod, right?

iSquint.

11. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

I'm aware of iSquint. Great app. :) I'm just a sucker when it comes to apps. Especially when there's an upgrade discount. Just wanted to try it out and see if it was any better and apparently it wasn't.