Roxio Toast 8 Titanium Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by menziep, Dec 28, 2006.

1. menziep macrumors 6502a

My sources tell me that Toast 8 Titanium will be shipping on the 4th of Janurary 2007 (Worldwide) and will include support for Blu-Ray, DivX 6.4 and over 5 other new formats!
    PLUS
    *Built from the ground up as a Universal Application
    *Will have over 100 improvements (Mostly behind the scenes)
    *Will have over 10 new features

It will probably be Roxio's main focus at Macworld San Francisco 07.

Hope this helps you with your buying plans :)

If you dont need the extra features, then the Apple Online Store has upto 20% off on Toast 7 Titanium (ive checked the US and UK stores)

Pre-Order
    USA
    Buy.com

Please feel free to post your comments!

Digg This

2. Queso macrumors G4

Cool. Let's hope it can finally burn good-quality DVDs directly from EyeTV rather than me having to go through the export as elementary streams, re-mux in ffmpegx and burn as data UDF nonsense :rolleyes:

3. menziep thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ive contacted Roxio for an official list of features and an offical ship date.

Although i believe my source to be legit, i would like more information on the features.

4. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

Sounds great, I had no idea it was coming this soon. :) I'll be sure to pick it up when it's released.

5. menziep thread starter macrumors 6502a

No reply as of yet from Roxio, i will be sure to post more information as i get it.

Please feel free to Comment

6. menziep thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry for double post:(

Ive added a US preorder site

7. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I loves me some Toast™, Upgrades are always good. :D Expensive. But Good.

8. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I will be waiting for this as it would be a nice thing this new year to have as well as iLife '07 :D :D I hope Popcorn2 will be in there as well if it hasn't been updated in awhile.

9. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

I wonder if this release will support HD-DVD, and when we will see some inexpensive High-Def burners that are 100% compatible with mac :)

10. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Popcorn 2 is available now, and has been for a long while now. :)

11. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I just bought Toast 7 Titanium at Amzaon. I picked the free shipping; so it has not yet shipped. I guess I need to cancel this.

Update: I was able to cancel the order for Toast 7. I was lucky to find this thread today.

12. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

Yeah, good thing, I hate it when I buy a product and it gets updating very soon after. Like when I bought my 3rd gen iPod and the 4th gen was released two weeks later :mad:

13. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I stopped at 6.xx with the use of DU and a superdrive, but will probably take a serious look at the 8 upgrade.

14. Mhill macrumors member

15. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Such is life in the computer arena! ;)

16. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Yeah I was looking at it since some have said it's better than what comes with Toast 7 for a few reasons ;) side note: Toast sure has come a long way and I can't wait to see what's next/new :D

17. menziep thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ive never used Popcorn 2 is there any good reviews about?

18. DanielCC macrumors newbie

I've pretty much given up toast 7 altogether for Burn at this point, but I might have to give the new version a test spin.

19. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Great news, I've always loved the Toast app and have owned it since version 6, along with Jam. I'll check out the specs a bit further and see if it will be worth upgrading to or no for my current needs. :cool:

20. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I read on a video forum that it has better manual settings and that if you don't like DVD2oneX it's a nice choice. I have DTOX and just use it for the very basic intent of compressing but it's really what has the most features at this time.
    That said, since I have an Intel iMac I would need to upgrade to the new DTOX if I wanted to take advantage of any performance increases. They seem to cost the same (depending upon currency) but as far as features go I'm not 100% sure, I've been out of that picture for some time now :eek:

21. dusanv macrumors 6502

$100. Ouch. Anyone know where to get it cheaper? I can't buy from the Apple US/UK stores.

22. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Obviously it depends how much of Toast's functionality you utilize, but trust me, it's definitely worth it. I don't like paying for overpriced software myself (a lot of MS software, as an example) but in this case, Toast is well worth the money IMO.

But, I use it extensively - if you're wanting it just to burn discs, create disc images and other simple functions, then OS X's free built-in Disk Utility will probably suit all your needs just fine. :cool:

23. menziep thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, if you only burn simple disks, like music from itunes ect, then its best to stay with the built in software.

24. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

25. andyh2 macrumors member

And thats why I go to macworld every year. new software is all a care about.