Roxio Toast Titanium 6 & PS2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by neoelectronaut, Oct 12, 2004.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Would it be possible to make a playable DVD using Toast Titanium 6 that would play on a PS2?

I'd like to make a DVD of some anime fansubs for a friend so he could play them on his PS2.

Anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

2. Logik macrumors 6502a

the PS2 would not work with this.. i think the standard without modchip route is to just not play the disc. i have tried putting burned discs into the ps2 to see if they work but they do not. Tell him to go buy an el cheapo apex dvd player... they play dang near everything.

3. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

I just burned Fahrenheit 9/11 with Toast 5, and it played fine on my PS2.

4. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

A PS2 is only concerned with whether a DVD is burned or not when it's a PS2 game. It had absolutely no problem reading a movie DVD. That being said, if you're trying to turn fansubs (which are likely .avi) into a movie DVD, you'll likely want to use DivX Doctor II, and iDVD, rather than Toast.

5. Logik macrumors 6502a

tell that to my PS2.. it refuses to play any burned dvd's regardless of whether it's a movie or a game.

6. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

Have you tried burned dvd's from more than one computer, using different brands of discs?

7. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

They're fansubs of "Detective Conan" (I hate the dub.) and yeah, they're AVI.

I have iDVD 3 and Toast 6.7....but doesn't DivX Doctor cost money? Also, with iDVD I can only get, what, an hour onto a DVD? What program is best for getting the most out of my DVD?