RR Tycoon 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by JzzTrump22, Feb 16, 2005.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Does anyone know where to get guides for this game? I suck at it, i'm currently playing "Go West". I'm doing horrible at it. Can someone give me a link to a good walkthrough/guide? I searched www.gamefaqs.com but there weren't any guides, just codes which i don't want.

2. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

3. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I'd like to see help/walkthrough guide myself. I have difficulty on the Orient Express and I had no luck finding any such guides on the web...

4. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm having the same problem. I can't seem to find any guides anywhere which is really strange. I thought this was a popular game.

5. cubist macrumors 68020

There should be guides available for RR Tycoon 2, which is actually very similar. RRT3 has greatly improved graphics and interface, but is not that much changed gameplay.

6. billreeves macrumors newbie

I haven't seen any guides either. The "Express World" forums have some people (mostly PC, but there are a few Mac references there) who can offer strategy on the scenarios but those forums are not very active.

I have been playing the scenarios (disclaimer -- on "Easy" level, so this info may not help for the higher difficulty levels).

For "Go West" I had some trouble getting used to the cargo model since it is different than RRT2, but got past the level anyways. There wasn't anything too revolutionary about the strategy, just start in Boston and expand to other cities, I used auto-consist to let the system pick the most profitable cargos.

"Orient Express" was the most difficult one so far (I am on the 12th scenario, in Africa). I got silver, was not able to get the average 30 mph for express cargo. I chose the "construction" bonus, but if I were to do it over again, I would choose the "science & technology" -> "speed" bonus in order to try for gold.

It was a slow start, financially -- I started by connecting Vienna to Bratislava and made enough money there to connect to the next city downriver (Gyor?). One of the competitors was in Budapest, but the other one was not in Zagreb so I expanded (slowly) south to Zagreb (hitting a couple of towns in between), then (slowly) east to Belgrade (hitting a town or two in between). Eventually I was making enough money to not have any further problems.

One strategy I saw in order to get the gold was to run one short train trip carrying one load of passengers to get above 30 mph, and then carry only cargo for the rest of the game, but I don't see how you can make enough money to survive if you just run cargo.

There is a side mission which you can follow -- it starts when you see that weird message about connecting to Zagreb to talk to some monks -- I found the reward for completing this series of messages worthwhile and it should be very helpful in achieving the speed goal when I retry this one, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't done this.

It was very helpful that the competition did not start in Zagreb -- it would have been even better if they did not start in Budapest. I imagine that Vienna - Budapest would be a pretty good start.

But this one was tough. It would be even tougher on a harder difficulty level, where you don't get any financial bonuses. I don't know if you guys are playing on "normal" or "expert" but I'm a wuss, I just played on "easy" and after a slow start, got the railroad running pretty good. Made a fortune but couldn't get the speed up high enough for gold.

7. auxplage macrumors 6502

I love RRT3. I just wish there was more info about it like all of you have mentioned. Have any of you managed to do online play?

8. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Theres online play?

9. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Awsome post, thanks for all the tips and insight!