RSS Feed During MWSF?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by dotnina, Jan 3, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

I was just wondering if the Macrumors RSS feed will be operating during the keynote next week. I know the site gets stripped down and the forums close, but I’m not sure about the RSS? Will it be possible to get live keynote updates via RSS?

2. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

The RSS feed would probably just say "MWSF 2005 notes" or something. I doubt you'll get all the text of the main post in the RSS feed. They don't do that now do they?

For previous MacWorlds and such there's usually just one main post that keeps getting updated.

3. macrumors 6502a

Sir_Giggles

Cant use Safari. I'll prolly switch over to Firefox to get RSS feeds.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

SilentPanda -- Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll be in class during MWSF, so I'd feel really nerdy sitting there doing the refresh-refresh-refresh thing on Macrumors ... still, I want to know what's going on live. A small newsreader is much more discreet. ;)

So Mr. Giggles Sir, does this mean you know of some place where there's going to be a live RSS feed of MWSF? Or are you just commenting on the fact that Safari doesn't yet have an RSS newsreader built in?

5. macrumors 6502a

Sir_Giggles

MacMinute will do an auto-refresh of the events. They have a RSS feed, however, Im not sure they will provide it for the play by play for MacWorld.

6. Administrator

Knox

Staff Member

Or you could download an IRC client and make the window small ;)

7. TEG
    macrumors 604

TEG

Don't forget Thunderbird, it has an awesome RSS reader built-in.

TEG