RSS feed for blog

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sotied, Aug 9, 2005.

1. sotied macrumors regular

I've had a person ask me if I have an RSS feed for my blog (posted manually on my site http://www.jeffcutler.com/blog.html).

Is there an easy way to link my blogs to RSS or is it like Google and other searches that will update when enough people start looking for it.

I guess services like Blogger are automatically populated into an RSS format.

Do I know a lot less than I think I know about this? Comments????

Thanks,

Jeff

2. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

You'd need to have an RSS created. Once you set up RSS, it will automatically update itself when you post a new blog entry.

I take it you are manually editting your web page to add each new blog?

If your web host gives you a mysql database and I presume they have php set up, you should really look into something like WordPress, it would sure make your life a lot easier! WordPress also comes out of the box with RSS working.

WP is pretty easy to set up, but if you want go that route and need some extra help, I'd be glad to five a free hand in setting it up.

3. sotied thread starter macrumors regular

Sign me up!!

Josh,

I tried Feeder from the Mac software site and it still needed a bunch of info that I don't know if I know how to get.

SO, I've grabbed WordPress and will certainly write a blog praising them once I'm up and running. AND, I would like to see if you can handhold me through this.

I sent you my regular email in private message. Write back when you can.

Thanks tons.

Jeff