RSS reader with a Great News features?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by buckuxc, Oct 26, 2005.

1. buckuxc macrumors regular

hey all,

I'm getting an iBook tomorrow, but the past 2 weeks i've been living in Windows hell...well purgatory. One bright spot has been Great News. It isn't a home run of an app I suppose, but it gets things done, it's free, AND it can hang out on a USB key/thumb drive. When I'm browsing a feed in the app, I can do two things: 1) the viewing area has tabbed browsing...this is great and 2) if I click a link to a page that isn't already in my feed list, and it has an RSS option, a little XML button appears at the bottom of the app and brings up the dialog box to add the feed right there. This is really great because this is how I often find new things to read.

Which Mac RSS readers have these features (particularly the second one)?

sps

2. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

I'm looking for an RSS reader myself, searched the forums and came across this post. I found this while searching the web:
    http://allrss.com/rssreadersmac.html
    FireAny looks promising

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

The two big hitters in the RSS field are NetNewsWire and NewsFire. Both are great apps and will suit your needs (I perfer NetNewsWire).

Also check out NetNewsWire for a good freeware alternative. Of course there is also Safari RSS.

The two features you mention are pretty much standard and are both fully supported :)

4. ba747heavy macrumors newbie

5. buckuxc thread starter macrumors regular

agreed

yeah, actually I just discovered vienna on MacUpdate, and it's good for me...and free, which is hard to pass up as a grad student. OC, sometimes I wonder why I even attempt to read any feeds during the semester...it's only procrastination...