RTCW pc version for mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheFish, Oct 26, 2003.

1. TheFish macrumors member

i recall reading a few threads on how to make the pc version of rtcw work on the mac, if im not mistaken and some one knows how to make it work will you please explain to me what i have to do, and if it dose work, will the MP also work?

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

just buy the mac version,whats it cost now??20- 30 bucks??anyways support mac gaming. if you want to be a cheapskate might as well go to the pc world you are on the wrong platform.

3. TheFish thread starter macrumors member

i already baught the came for pc so i dont see a reason to buy it twice if i dont have to, i would just like to play the game on my mac thats all.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

i dont blame you, to bad they dont do like blizzard. anyways i think its possible but dont have the details. its somewhere here in mac forums. multiplayer RTCW has to go down as one of the greatest games.

5. TheFish thread starter macrumors member

yeah it has, i downloaded enemy territory and it just gets better, i doubt that will ever be ported to the mac though

6. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

I believe to what you are referring to is the ability to make most of the pc rtcw files work on the mac. All the .pk3's and other core components will work, but you still need the mac application to get it all together. exe's don't work on mac's, but the pk3's will (maps, skins....those things). So nah, you can't use your pc version on your mac :(

Here's the original thread it was under:

Here

7. TheFish thread starter macrumors member

8. lewdvig macrumors 65816

You have to keep in mind that the PC dev and Mac dev are seperate companies. The Mac devs were not paid when you bought the PC version.

I just wanted to prove it could be done. I took the game off my Mac immediately afterwards. And now I don't even have a Mac...

9. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Get the updater, make a folder, run the updater, install rtcw on a pc or vpc copy the folder Main from the pc install to the mac folder, run rtcw.

I hate paying for software twice. And yes, i am a cheapskate. (all my money goes towards my student loan.)

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I fully understand how you feel about paying for software twice. If I bought something for Windows, I think it's totally fair to download the Mac version from BitTorrent or whatever. I'm doing a similar thing right now with Panther, my CDs are taking forever to arrive so I'm downloading it in the meantime :)

11. hardon macrumors regular

yes it is possible if you have a genuine cd key!!!!!
    download the mac RTCW update 1.4.1 beta..extract all thos folders to your hard drive containing the PK3 files etc in to a folder called Wolfenstein.then update the Wolfenstine folder and voila!! you will need to enter your cd key again to play, hope this helps...frag ya later.:) :)