RTS with one button mouse?

Discussion in 'Games' started by JOD8FY, Nov 10, 2004.

1. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if it was possible to use a one button mouse with real time strategy games. In most cases, left click selects and right click moves the army, is there some way that this could work with one button?

Thanks,
    JOD8FY

2. cazlar macrumors 6502

Yep, most Mac games will let you use either control-click or command-click as a right click.

3. JOD8FY thread starter macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Thanks.

Also, I know that they say that Bluetooth mice are not good for games, but I was wondering why. Is it because they jump/sporadically lose connection? Are these easily fixed/do they happen only in some mice?

Thanks again,
    JOD8FY

P.S. - I'm thinking of getting MacMice's The Mouse BT - has anyone used this mouse with games etc.? Any problems?

4. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I use a microsoft wireless mouse (not BT) it works fine unless the batteries die. I don't recommend using a one button mouse, you will get schooled by experience micro players.

5. applekid macrumors 68020

Well, my experiences with wireless mice (non-BT, probably RF), have been perfectly fine. No jumping or losing connections.

I'd have to wonder about a BT mouse, if what you say is true.

6. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

The gaming with bluetooth mice thing usually only applies to FPS. You should have no problems using any mouse with an RTS game.