Rubber skids

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by bellis1, Apr 26, 2003.

1. bellis1 macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2003
    This may sound frivolous but has anyone had problems with the little rubber skids on the bottom of the powerbook. I have a 12" PB and I definately do not abuse it but those little rubber skids almost immediately popped off of both of the batteries that I own. And now one of them has popped off one of the corners of my computer. The computer now easily slides on one side and makes an annoying scratching sound depending on what surface I have it on. I tried a dab of superglue but to no avail. Any suggestions?
  2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    One of the feet on my rev A TiBook came loose and would pop off every now and then. The feet on my 1GHz TiBook, that I've had since December, are just fine.

Superglue isn't the best fixative for rubber. Try something like rubber cement.
  3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    Try silicone glue. Don't know for sure, but I think it should work. Or try ordering new feet from Apple which will be self-adhesive.

4. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    i wouldnt bother with applecare or anthing on this, just go get yourself some glue for the time being. rubber cement sound like a good plan like he said. not sure what silicon glue is, sounds good though.

5. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

Jan 18, 2002
    or you could just use a dab of hot glue and not try to put the feet back on.