Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ecblues

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
I just noticed that one of the four gray rubber pegs on the bottom of my PB 12" is missing. Probably my roommate using it on a starbucks run (a wee bit too generous with my expensive stuff). A little pressed for time due to work, but any ideas about quickly replacing it? The rocking has been bothering me when I type.

Thanks so much

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
ecblues said:
I just noticed that one of the four gray rubber pegs on the bottom of my PB 12" is missing. Probably my roommate using it on a starbucks run (a wee bit too generous with my expensive stuff). A little pressed for time due to work, but any ideas about quickly replacing it? The rocking has been bothering me when I type.

Thanks so much

Hi:

If it's still under warranty, take it to an Apple authorized service center. They will send out for a kit of few replacement feet and a wee tube of Krazy Glue. You do the stickin' yourself.

The crazy thing is that Apple charges like 20-30 bucks for the damn things. So I waited.

You can also try taking it to an Apple store if you live near one. They may do it free. If your lappy's still under warranty.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
The feet on my iBook fall off all the time. iBooks are even worse than PowerBooks when it comes to feet. Every time I go to the mall I bring my iBook with me and ask them to put a new foot or two on. They've never charged me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.