Rubbing alcohol?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ivnj, Jan 23, 2009.

1. macrumors 65816

2. thread starter macrumors 65816

I tried the compressed air and no good. So does the rubbing alcohol sound like a good idea or not?

3. macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Works fine for cleaning my stuff, just don't get too much on whatever you use to apply. Alcohol or not, you don't want anything dripping.

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Any special name brand I should buy or just regular rubbing alcohol. And is 10 drops too much.

5. macrumors regular

I would assume that it's all the same, or they'd have to label it differently.
    Usually what I do is apply it to a cloth, i don't really measure how much, just to dampen the cloth somewhat. But, like the above poster said, don't let it drip.

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

So wipe over the click wheel or pour it down the connector and shake like the apple guy said.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, so I tried anyway. That totally worked. So now the click wheel works again. It started almost immediately working. But it was all blurry. Over night after I let it sit it works now. I can read the screen and get pased the language screen. But I still have isopropal rubbing alcohol left in the screen.

The nano is kinda air tight. So it's taking a lot longer to dry than I expected. So let it sit a few more days. Or instead a blowdrier with cold setting. Or another method.

What is the best way to let it finish drying.

8. macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Put it in a bag of dry rice, seal the baggie, and let it sit for a week - should dry it out completely :)