Rubbish Shipping: @#!$%!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Prabz, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Prabz macrumors member

My first rant:mad: :
    "End of a week, and my Powerbook's still sitting at C.K.S Intl. airport, Taiwan!!!"

sitting in a cold lonely corner,
    looking with teary eyes,
    at planes flying in, flying out...

The doors open, letting in
    a ray of hope–––
    "Is it me, Is it me?"
    "No!" comes his guff reply.

Broken, once again,
    I turn away to gaze outside
    looking with tear-filled eyes,
    at planes flying in, flying out...

2. isd_glory macrumors member

I know the feeling. So far, my powerbook is on day four of the "standard overnight" shipping. It'll come eventually. My order went in mid-October; I guess I'm just accustomed to the fact that its probably going to take forever to actually see it on my doorstep...

3. isd_glory macrumors member

I just got off the phone with fedex customer service. The lady I was speaking to said that there was some kind of mechanical problem in the loading area, and it has unfortunately delayed shipments. Nonetheless, she assured me that the delivery will still be on schedule.

Personally, I'd give them a call:
    1-800-GO-FEDEX, then at the voice menu say "representative" to speak to a person

4. Prabz thread starter macrumors member

thanks, I should do that.

::sigh:: ...after all this waiting and praying, I sincerely hope we receive our items in proper working order.
    I don't think I could stand if, god forbid, my *precious* had any..er.. birth-defects...:eek: :( :rolleyes:

5. Prabz thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, so called up FedEx today, they gave me some hogwash about having mechanical probs with the air-carrier blah blah, since like monday:mad:. I mean come on! Its Thursday morning now in Taiwan and no change in package status!!!

God! If one air-carrier has been giving soooo much trouble, then use another plane, dammit!

6. kanker macrumors 6502

Just talked to Fed Ex, they're in Customs, but waiting on a commercial invoice from Apple, and Apple says if it's not here on Friday I'm due a refund on shipping.RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't these people do these things for a living? If I conducted myself like this in my job I'd never get any work.

7. isd_glory macrumors member

Yeah, so I called fedex again this afternoon. Apparently there is no chance of me seeing my powerbook before friday. The excuse I was given by the fedex international rep was "I'm sorry, but due to the holiday season, we cannot guarantee shipping times." Another things which kinda bothered me was that the shipping method shown in the apple order page differs from the shipping method fedex says its being shipped under. My powerbook was supposed to have shipped "standard overnight" according to apple, whereas fedex says their invoice was for 2-3 days. I've pretty much gotten over the fact that my powerbook has been on order since Oct 17, but the extra dealy in shipping is quite the kick in the nuts.

8. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

A guy at work was told that his ibook shipped in Taiwan 15 working days ago and it's still not here....

Trust me. If you think shipping sucks in the US you should try Apple in Europe. Some people who preordered Panther here didn't get it until a week after release. Mine was late and I ordered within an hour of the announcement. You may say it's the couriers fault but why do Apple stick with people who are so plainly useless?

9. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Just recieved the attached e-mail from Apple... Interesting...

Subject: Apple Store - Customer Communication
    Date: November 27 2003 17:53:54 GMT
    To: Apple
    Reply-To: Apple

Dear Customer,

This has been an exciting year for the Apple Store, with the development of Apple's innovative range of products and a significant expansion in products from other suppliers.

Such changes have been matched by a huge increase in customer traffic and demand which we have for the most part been successfully handling. In recent months we have also been upgrading our logistics systems and network and have been encountering several implementation issues. Unfortunately, for some of our customers, this translated into a shopping experience on the Store that fell short of the standards we strive to achieve.

If you have recently experienced delays or other problems with your order, let us assure you that we are taking all the necessary steps to restore service levels as quickly as possible, putting in place improved processes and additional staff to ensure that you receive the care and attention that you deserve.

Whether or not you have been affected by the problems we have experienced, please be certain that your satisfaction as one of our customers is our highest priority and we look forward to welcoming you the next time you visit the Apple Store.

Yours faithfully

The Apple Store Team

10. Prabz thread starter macrumors member

YAYYYY!
    looks like my computer has been delivered. WILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW MORE L8R!!! :D

Prabz