ruben or clay?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, May 20, 2003.

1. Retired

jefhatfield

it's down to the wire and the two were only 2% percent different in total votes

my vote is still for ruben, yet both singers have a future in pop music...carmen the sixth place singer this season already scored something with dave matthews

just look at the last two finalists last season, both cut lucrative record deals and still get a lot of attention from the media

2. macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Definitely Clay.

He's got the best voice, the best range, and the Pop Idol look.

Don't get me wrong, Ruben's good....he's just not American Idol good. If the show was called "American Barry White Singing Impersonator Idol" then Ruben would get my vote.

All last week Simon was saying Ruben would win, but yesterday he started saying he "has a feeling" Clay will win.

Good luck to both contestants!

3. macrumors member

i vote for Rueben because he's more like a real singer intead of a fluffy showtune singer. Rueben might actually have a career ahead of him. clay sounds good on some songs, but he sounds a bit coached and unnatural on others. Rueben sounds like a natural on everything i've heard him sing.

4. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

clay's annoying..

and because of that, i think he'll win

i'd love to see my boy win (ie, ruben)

5. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I think that Ruben is good, but not as good as Clay. I really like Clay, and I hope that he wins. :)

6. macrumors newbie

RRRRUUUUUUUUUBBBBEEEENNNN!

DEFINATLEY Ruben! One reason is that he is from my home state, Alabama! Also, he just has that "American" attitude, and is an awesome singer! He brings a smile to my face whenever he sings, and i just get this warm feeling, that only Ruben can bring! He is definatley my choice for American Idol! Dont get me wrong, Clay is good, just more of a Broadway singer than an all-around singer. Can't wait for tonight and Wedensday! I'll be voting for Ruben! GO RUBEN!

7. macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Um... who cares?

The whole show is rigged anyway.

8. macrumors regular

Well, Clay and I are from the same state so that makes me a little biased. However, Clay has the mose powerful voice of the two and the better range. He also has more of an "idol" look as defined by todays culture. Ruben is good no doubt, but Clay is a great vocalist and is quite charming too. Ruben seems to be getting a lot of press for his charming nature, but Clays is just as charming.....IMHO. My votes on Clay.

9. macrumors 68030

Les Kern

Clay.
    Reuben, while excellent, has not changed much since day 1.
    Clay on the other hand, has evolved into something much better. Good enough proof for me to say that Clay has a bigger potential. Pluss, Clay's voice is more powerful. That being said, Reuben is SMMMMOOOTTTTHHHH, man, and he's had nary a slip-up.

10. macrumors 68000

agreenster

Clay has a great voice but I really like Reuben because he is a lot more masculine than Clay. Clay seems way too touchy feely and girly. However, teeny-boppers really dig that, so I guess he has more market potential. I would vote for reuben because he seems so laid back and cool, but I really dont care who wins.

11. macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I personally haven't kept up with the show, but I think that it would be great if a person like Reuben won. You don't see a lot of pop stars with his "stature" and I think we need to level the playing field and steer clear of "talent" based on looks.

Reuben has it where it counts in my book. He's got soul.

P-Worm

12. macrumors member

I cant believe people waste time not only watching but then thinking about this crap.

13. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i can't believe you wasted your obviously precious time posting about it. ;)

14. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I seconded the 'neither' vote.

BTW, if it is rigged NavyIntel007 who will win? :p

P.S I hate this show as much as married by america.

15. macrumors 68030

medea

it doesn't really matter who wins, they are both disposable, and the loser will probably end up with some crazy record contract anyways.

16. macrumors 604

scem0

ughhhhh....... neither. This isn't a singing contest (although that is a big part of it) - it is a contest for the best American Idol. Ruben and Clay can sing very well, but they aren't 'American Idols' in any way. Kimberly Caldwell had all the attributes necessary to become an 'american idol' but she got voted off - twice. She is pretty, a great singer, and has star quality.

American Idol has gone downhill from last time. :(

17. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Who thinks they (mainly fox) needs to kill anything with 'american or america/celebrity' in the name.
    Married by america --- omfg, your a LOSER if you seen that
    That stupid mask show (I think that is on fox)
    American Idol -- if you want to idolize somone don't do someone from a TV show.
    Celebrity boxing -- I like this, expect that there are no fair fights and they always suck at boxing.

18. macrumors 68040

tazo

which one is the queer elf one?

19. macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Heh. That'd be Clay. ;)

As for my pick, it's Reuben all the way. He's an Alabama boy just like me, and we've got to represent for the 205!!! That, and he's got soul and presence for days, whereas Clay seems like some sort of sexually ambiguous Barry Manilow impersonator with a penchant for showtunes. Who wants to hear more of that? I'll take a guy with obviousl talent and broader market appeal any day. It'll be nice to see a soul/r&b singer win it, anyway. Takes some of the whitebread out of the show. :)

20. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

basically, the way i see it... clay is just another fake, decent sounding teenie bopper type. whereas i could respect ruben's music, and him as a person

and how could anyone prefer clay over that sweaty lovable huge man???? ha

21. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

OMG i haven't laughed that hard in a long time... where's vniow? she'd love this.

:D
    pnw

22. macrumors G4

I saw it, though I don't think I got it, I've never seen American Idol so I may have missed the reference.....

23. macrumors 68030

Les Kern

Actually if you can seperate the fact it's on Fox with the people (who are genuine) it's interesting to watch. As an avowed hater of all things commercial, I'm surprised I find it so interersting. You took the time to post an opinion, so now let's hear what you like to watch.

24. macrumors 68040

tazo

thank you very much. lol. I thought i was gonna get flamed by some AI supporter. :p:p

25. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

clay himself might flame you! ;)