Rugged iPad2 Case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by D1G1T4L, May 6, 2011.

1. macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

So what is the best rugged case for the iPad2 that has been released? Been waiting on the Otterbox but just not so sure I like it. Any other good options out there that have been released?

2. macrumors regular

3. macrumors regular

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors newbie

Here are two alternatives that I found while searching for rugged iPad2 cases:

Gumdrop drop (not out yet, shipping may 20th according to web page)
    Macally dualstand2 (reviewed on iLounge)

Personally I would like to find a rugged case with easy insertion/removal so that I can just use it when the kids are using the iPad. Are there any cases out there that fit this description?

7. macrumors member

Yeah I waiting On the gumdrop too. I have already preorderd about a month ago. They have since delayed their shipping date twice.

8. 8ght, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011

macrumors newbie

I found the following two candidates, but neither of them are out for the iPad2 yet:

Big Grips:
    [​IMG]
    Speck iGuy:
    [​IMG]

I read a review on the Big Grips frame (for iPad1) that said that insertion/removal was somewhat difficult. I have not seen any comments on the iGuy yet. I would love to hear from early adopters of these cases when you get them.

Edit: wording

9. macrumors 6502a

posted a review so this is late but since it just came out and kinda a double post :)

for the IGuy
    had it a few weeks now since the day it was released
    2 kids 2 & 7 are using it a lot the soft side handles rest on the back of your hands so they are very soft at first glance thought my kids could use them as handles when watching videos but way to soft but they do OK
    for doing Ichat(facetime) stuff with the grandparents the feet make is stand quite nice and better than the flip cover that comes with the Ipad 2

the case is not very good for vertical work ? so thats the big draw back but it slips in and out very easy

I would say if you are watching movies its great the feet keep it up off your lap a bit and nice and comfy and stands on its own well
    for reading vertical typing is a big pain so be warned

if you have kids its a great case for sure which is why I got it

10. macrumors 65816