Rumor about Cheney

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Neserk, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2004
    I don't want to start any rumors but *somewhere* I heard that Bush was looking at dumping Cheyney in favour of Guiliani (sp?) ... anyone else confirm or deny it?

I want to say the source was television pseudo-news (like The View) but I'm terrible at remembering sources!
  2. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002
    that's a fairly old rumor that's been all but dismissed. the guiliani part, anyway. there's still speculation that cheney will have a "heart incident" sometime this summer, and someone like mccain will be brought in as the VP candidate to counter kerry's war record.

personally, i think the heart incident is waiting to see exactly who will be on the democratic ticket.
  3. wwworry macrumors regular

Mar 23, 2002
    Cheney's got his money out of this vice presidency. Maybe if it people wise up to his palling around with Scalia, inviting his Enron friends over to write the energy laws, the overcharging Halliburton contracts in Iraq, the fact that Halliburton was doing illegal business with Iraq while Cheney was in charge and the fact that he opposed economic sanctions against aparthied South Africa then he will get dumped. But I doubt that will happen.

My new theory about this administration is that they have saturated us with a thousand little lies, so much so that any one particular lie will not stand out and all the lies together will seem as just "little". But really when you add them all up there is really an extrodinary and an uncommon amount of lying and coverups being done here.
  4. DavisBAnimal macrumors member

Jul 17, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I'm pretty sure the rumor's still kicking, at least a bit - not sure how much weight it has. But I'm pretty sure there's absolutely no way John McCain would ever become George Bush's running mate, just taking into to consideration the degree of attacks he's leveled against the administration. McCain is no fan of GW.

I think the Guiliani thing is still being mentioned as a possibility, with other names like Tom Ridge or Bill Frist now being thrown into the mix.

Here's an article from a couple weeks ago:

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens, and if Cheney doesn't just take himself out of the game to help Bush be reelected, then remain de facto president from an unnamed position with an office in the White House.

5. wwworry macrumors regular

Mar 23, 2002
    everyone knows Cheney's running the show and GWB is just the paid mouthpiece of Cheney cronyism. They'll probably keep Cheney in the basement.