Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I have to wonder if this is less about unit size and more about repairability.

According to the BF, a common trick for scammers is to jam up the power or volume buttons because they know that Apple has to swap the whole unit. And doesn't generally bother to check inside to see that a logic board was swapped etc so long as the unit turns on. Often they don't even check that the display is legit.

If the buttons could be replaced then no more burning a $300 part over a tiny bit. And moving to two more isolated cables rather than one that goes across the whole top of the device and requires a lot more dis/assembly could be part of it

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013

This change is far too superficial to warrant using this particular image.

----------

I'm sick and tired of all of these Powerbook G5 rumors....

I must be new here because I honestly can't tell if this is an ancient version of a "Safari is snappier"-type post or is something that was meant to be posted elsewhere.

----------

Didnt taking that out ruin your phone?

Nah, I just leave it on now.

Posted from my gold-coloured iPhone 5s.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
The amount of words running intoeach other in that article is making myhead hurt.

To be fair, that article was written way back in 2008. The internet had far less bandwidth than it does now, so it was common practice back then to reduce the use of spaces in order to save on data transfer costs and minimise page transfer times.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
Are we tuo understand there will be no 4" iphone6? That if we want the new phone, we have to buy a bigger phone?

No, there will still be a 4" iPhone but it will be dumb down in specs to that of the current 5S and maybe the storage will be reduce to 16 and 32GB only. That what has happen with the plastic 5C. I think it may be called the 6C??? or something else maybe 5C2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.