Rumors are going the wrong way

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by rekras, Jan 5, 2002.

1. rekras macrumors regular

Before every mac expo, rumors always soar, and Apple knows this. Yet this year they are creating more rumors than ever before, through self produced hype messages on their web site.

After the letdown at New York last year, they realized how much of a glorious opportunity their expo's are to them, especially with the rock concert status that Steve's keynotes have brought them to, and how important they have become to Apple's popularity and reputation. This realization has yielded us Macworld San Francisco.

Now I have been reading predictions, and rumors, and concepts on Macrumors since after the iPod was released in fall last year. And with all the predictions of a LCD iMac, G5's, PDAs, etc. I think any of those are quite possible, and it would be very ordinary for the usual mac expo. Yet this expo is different. Apple has told us that this expo is different, this expo is going to be "Big", "Beyond", "Futurous", and will “Blow us away” at a “Lust factor of 10”.

I think Apple is going to hit us from a new angle on Monday. An angle that can be compared to the day when they released the AppleII, or the first Macintosh, the Newton, or the iMac. This new product will be built around a new strategies and ideas that will carry Apple into the future, and revolutionize the way that we, as mac users work. So I say, sit back and enjoy the ride...

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

3. icruise macrumors newbie

Possibly, but you must realize that just about all the speculation (yours included) is based on little more than a few catch-phrases on Apple's website, which may be no more than the typical advertising hyperbole. These are the same people who said that the Mac OS 8.6 upgrade would be like "getting a whole new Mac for $89" (or however much it was).

I just don't want people disappointed when Apple fails to change the universe on Monday. A normal person (ie someone who doesn't spend time reading Macrumors) would probably just take those slogans with a grain of salt, and not make so many wild predictions based on so little.

That said, I am really looking forward to Monday ;-)

4. rekras thread starter macrumors regular

although i agree with you a little, on your OS 8.6 point, that is just an advertising quote, every company uses quotes like that on products. apple hyping an already hyped up expo to astronomical levels is just not "typical" of them.