Rumors on TV shows set to appear in iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zakthemack, Oct 19, 2005.

1. zakthemack macrumors member

Sep 15, 2004
    Has anyone discussed, appart from Disney owned shows, what might turn up for sale in iTunes?
  2. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Sep 27, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I don't know, I think it would be a good idea to get Comedy Central onboard and Fox too, they would be great. South Park, Family Guy, what more could you ask for???
  3. Josh macrumors 68000

Mar 4, 2004
    State College, PA
    I wish FX - Nip/Tuck in particular - was on iTunes.
  4. zakthemack thread starter macrumors member

Sep 15, 2004
    OC, Nip/Tuck, and Smallville would be perfect.

I'm actually surprised that WB shows weren't available at launch. It seems like the type of channel that would have a huge amount of shows geared towards the target audience.
  5. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    As long as they have 24 in Spring 2006, it'll all be good. However, I purchased the Weapon of Choice music video (Walken rules!) and was so disappointed by the quality that I don't think I'll be buying any episodes since I don't have and don't plan on getting a new iPod (my 3rd Gen 10GB still runs like a champ!)

However, as a matter of principle, it would be nice to see it up there.
  6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    I reckon there's going to be some BBC stuff on there at some point for two reasons:

1. The launch event was held at the BBC.
    2. If ABC are in, then that bodes well for the BBC. ABC has the closest business relationship of any American network with the BBC, particularly in news.

Just my guess... not sure what they could sell but I'm sure Monty Python & Fawlty Towers might go down well.
  7. zakthemack thread starter macrumors member

Sep 15, 2004
    Is the new Doctor Who BBC?

Footballers Wives?
  8. Eagon macrumors member

Aug 27, 2005
    Doctor who is, footballers wives isn't, could be different on BBC America though as they seem to show things from loads of other channels
  9. crazyjoeda macrumors member

Oct 7, 2005
    The Daily Show is already avalible online for free, they should Video Podcast. Same with public News channels like CBC and BBC. That would be so awsome.
  10. Loge macrumors 68020

Jun 24, 2004
    Hopefully The Office, but then again I'll probably just rip the DVDs unless it's really cheap.
  11. Apmonia macrumors regular

Jul 29, 2003
    I would personally like to see some Sci-Fi shows like Ghost Hunters on there. Perhaps even some older shows like Firefly or Farscape. What about movies? I wonder if they will actaully start to sell movies on iTunes as well?