Rumors or community?

Discussion in 'Community' started by vniow, Nov 19, 2002.

1. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    Or both.[​IMG]

What's the main thing that keeps you coming to Macrumors, the rumors or the sense of comminuty?

I came for rumors and stayed for the community, but that's just me.[​IMG]
  2. diorio macrumors 6502a

Aug 22, 2002
  3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    >Macrumors ****ing rocks!

No ****. :rolleyes:

I like reading the rumor parts of MacRumors, and trying to help others as best I can. But I like the Community even more, because it's more casual and more jokes can be tossed around. :)

Plus, you wouldn't find the Official Poop Thread in the Current Events forum, as the discussions within aren't "rumors", except for a few specific topics... :p
  4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
  5. job macrumors 68040

Jan 25, 2002
    in transit
    Anything goes...

Personally, if I want a sense of community, I talk or relax with real people, not faceless Mac users thousands of miles away from me.

I hang out here occasionally and debate topics I would not normally be able to do otherwise.

Some members do bring a sense of community to the forums, but I'm just not into the whole idea.
  6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    absolutely - its great to be able to get the newest info but also have a great place to discuss things about macs and such that is appreciated by all the other members.

7. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    I like the community, especially the older members (me being one of them), cause I don't know many of the new guys.

And a bit of new and rumors is always fun
  8. Goblin2099 macrumors member

Jul 18, 2002
    New York City
    Rumors you can get anywhere, but MR actually manages to present them in an unbiased opposed to, oh, say, MOSR's way of smugly making **** up and pretending that they've got loads of info that they just don't feel like telling you yet. But Community is really what makes MR shine...I don't know how it happened, but this is the only place where threads are actually fun to read and the people aren't all pricks. Not to mention that some of the people here actually seem to know what they're talking about, which is always a plus.