Rumsfeld Approved Iraq Interrogation Plan -Report

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 15, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    but rummy's plan only contained words and not pictures...so he really had no idea just how bad things would be...

even though i don't believe in hell, i like to think there is a special place there just for rummy...he'd better hope the devil has a more humane interpretation of the geneva convention...

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

He should have been on hand when the container trucks full of Afghani prisoners arrived from Kunduz.
    http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn05152004.html

This Rumsfeld should be put down. Preferably with a glowstick. :mad:
    The man has debased your nation.

4. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

While I agree with the emotion, I don't like to rely on counterpunch for my news. If this is true then war crimes need to be prosecuted.

I'm amazed by the Hersh article, although at this point I shouldn't be. What amazes me is the number of folks inside the Pentagon and the CIA that are willing to point the finger at Rumsfeld and the political appointees in the Defense Dept. Almost anybody with a brain new this was not the work of six or seven grunts in the Military Police, but the speed by which the people responsible are being exposed is amazing. Undersecretary Cambone is the immediate name on the hot seat, and if any of this pans out Rumsfeld is going to wish he resigned when he could have played it as a "noble sacrifice for the good of the nation."​

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

hersh's article is available here

i'm about halfway through it

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

There seems to be kind of a classic "prisoner's dilemma" dynamic at work here. If you think somebody is eventually going to rat, everyone's going to want to be the first to turn state's evidence, and certainly not the last one. The Bush administration beating up on the intelligence community also hasn't helped. No love lost there.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I know it's sometimes almost the equivalent extreme to some of Von Troll's links, but I have a soft spot for the Cockburns: Alexander's father Claud was a brilliant journalist over here, writing for the satirical Private Eye for years. To be taken with a pinch of salt, I agree.

8. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I agree. I enjoyed Cockburn's column in the Nation for years, but find him more of a polemicist than a journalist. For example, I sharply disagree with their coverage on Kosovo - they seemed willing to accept Milosevic's propaganda without any real proof. That doesn't mean the story you linked to is not true, and if true very important.