Rumsfeld details plan for Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by meta-ghost, Sep 20, 2004.

1. meta-ghost macrumors regular

"Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld cast it a little differently this week, at a news conference in Missouri. Iraq is making progress, he said. "At some point the Iraqis will get tired of getting killed and we'll have enough of the Iraqi security forces that they can take over responsibility for governing that country," he said."

it's in the last paragraph of:
    http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20040916/1a_iraqcover16x.art.htm?POE=click-refer

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I like the way he just refers to those opposing the coalition forces as the "Iraqis" :rolleyes: It's not like the entire Iraqi population is causing the troubles, it's select groups of extremists. Glad to see a man with that much power can tell the difference :rolleyes:

3. meta-ghost thread starter macrumors regular

it has to be the most cynical, moronic and inept part of this administrations attack on iraq. the idea that there are a finite number of people opposed to the usa, that they can be killed, and that afterwards, the problem is solved.

someone on another blog had the following to add:
    "I heard recently that when Ho Chi Minh was asked by an interviewer how in the world he thought it would be possible for the North Vietnamese to defeat the USA -- the greatest military in the world -- he replied:

They will kill many of us.
    And we will kill some of them.
    And they will tire of it first.

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

And this after the Sunday Talk Shows being filled with Republicans questioning the war in Iraq. I wonder....